The Green Back

foldedhorn

You are right it will be a good thing for Klipsch in the end. When they meet their end.

They are commercializing. A cheaper product for a cheaper price

They will be soon made in sweatshops in China I'm sure. But, you diehards keep following Klipsch blindly and you can fall off that same plank they are walking down.

so, is the promedia series junk???

from what i have heard and read, the promedias are considered the best computer speaker systems available....

and will wonders never cease....you can buy them at best buy!!!

and if you had bothered to read the other associated threads in this forum, klipsch will only be offering the synergy series at best buy...the reference series will only be available in smaller higher end shops like they are now...

and heaven forbid a company to make some more money....

by the way, what do you do for a living???...donate all your time to the poor and hungry???

or do you work for a living to earn a buck???

russ

----------------

On 2/17/2003 9:16:28 PM minn_male42 wrote:

so, is the promedia series junk???

from what i have heard and read, the promedias are considered the best computer speaker systems available....

----------------

Russ~

As a Pro Media 2.1 and 5.1 owner while the line is not really junk, there have been quality issues with the series. If you check the promedia boards you'll see people on their 3rd or even 4th sets of promedia's. Not to mention we even get misposts by people in the home audio forums reporting promedia troubles. After buying the 5.1 and reading the posts, I'd hoped that I'd gotten a good set, but I'm already on my 2nd set.

At one time I would say they were considered the best computer speaker system available, but now their are other brands with at least as equal performance.

I don't share the sentiments of our newbie poster regarding his desire for Klipsch's demise, but I do believe that many people who have bought their promedia's through Best Buy and have had major troubles with them, aren't going to be especially interested in further Klipsch purchases.

I look forward to your continued role as Klipsch forum interrogator and newbie drill sergeant. 9.gif

~shoe

I have to agree with Russ on this one. Other companies have used a 2 (or even 3) tier distribution network to promote their products. Namely, AudioQuest. They have their AudioQuest products and their upscale AudioTruth line. The AudioTruth line is available only to hi-end shops.

This marketing structure enables them to get their products on more shelves and hopefully build some customer loyalty as the customers seek to upgrade their systems. Pro-media is a great starting point. The computer user will think Klipsch first, when he loks for speakers for a system.

I've seen many on the Forum say they love their Klipsch (fill in the product name) and can't wait until they can upgrade to the (fill in the name).

I only wish Klipsch would promote their Heritage line. Yes, some may call it "old technology", but in the right system, sonically, it's some of the best stuff I've heard (from my perspective as a 33-year hobbyist, previous SoundStage! reviewer, regular CES attendee and previous shop owner).

my point about "what do you do for a living?" is that EVERYONE is out to make a buck...

you are criticizing klipsch for going after the "greenback"...for "selling out" because of greed...

unless you are still in school, you work for a living....you try to make more money...should we all criticize you for trying to get ahead in the world???

or maybe i should ask you....what is an acceptable level of greed???

so, unless you donate all of your time to a charity, you are also showing signs of GREED!!!!

oh my god!!!! foldedhorn is GREEDY!!!!! foldedhorn has SOLDOUT because he went after that better job or asked for a raise!!!!!

russ

I'm not too upset, or at least I don't read this as a necessarily bad development.

No one gets too bent about buying a sophisticated TV or computer from very pedestrian retailers.

I do wonder about the pressure any given retailer might put on a manufacturer. For example, I've heard that Sears, at least a few decades ago, could be a real problem. I the first year they'd buy at a price favorable to the manufacturer. However, then there was the squeeze to force the maufacturer's price lower, and lower, lower. Of course by that time the manufacturer is dependent on Sears as a retailer.

Even if that is not quite the case, the retailer might well be asking Klipsch, in general, to minimize its wholesale price so the retailer, so the retailer can mark it up more.

Again, it is somewhat the effect of the consumers demanding rock bottom prices. There are a lot of posts by folks wanting internet sales. They must have no belief that a nice showroom, or technically adept dealer is doing them any good.

Perhaps even worse, they want to audition at Tweeter and then give the sale to anyone with the lowest price. That must be very gauling to Klipsch and Tweeter.

Given these factors, why do we dump on Klipsch?

Gil