Pase Technology and Such

justin_tx_16

I tried to post this last night but I broke the forum... 1.gif

What do you think of Phase Technology speakers? My friend at Tweeter, who found out today about Klipsch leaving, said he prefers his Phase Technology speakers over his RF-5's and for the price, over his Martin Logans. He was explaining their design, sounded a little interesting. Their website stinks. Def. not a Klipsch website 1.gif.

Are they another Rocket speaker company? I trust my Tweeter buddy, heck we share the same last name!

Also, what about Vienna Audio. He brought me a pair of Vienna Audio Mozarts today, just for the day sadly. For their size, and even overlooking their size, they were QUITE impressive. Now, the price was a little high, but considering it is a three way speaker of 2 5" woofers and 1 1" dome tweeter. One woofer does the lower end, the second, the higher up on the speaker does the vocal range.

Anywho, I got to hear these things on a B&K 2x200 and my new Denon DVD-A player, which he delivered today. It sounded great. Build quality seems to be tip top notch. He also brought a pair of Bach's, very interesting driver, inverted surround... I like the clear drivers of the Mozarts. He promised me a listen to the Hadens once I can get to the showroom.

I am not trying to replace my love for Klipsch in any way, I love them more than anything I own. However I also want to learn about what is out there in the world. If all I bought were Chevy's, I would never know the benefit of an Audio (esp in a wreck haha).

He also said that Tweeter is looking at, as per his manager, Paradigm, BW, and Phase Technology as a replacement to the Klipsch line. He also said that Klipsch was his easiest sell, even easier than BOSE in the cases where size was not THE issue. He is really sad about this relationship going away, and totally broadsided, like I said, they did not find out till today, were told it would not be announced for a few weeks.

But let's jump off the Tweeter/Klipsch horse for this thread please.

Your input is helpful!

Phase Technology just sounds a bit "Dogg Digital" to me...

sure he didnt get them out of the back of a van? >=)

although, if you do find any information on them, lemme know! I'd be interested to see if they were worth buying. in speaker shopping, its very important to consider all options. Never know which speaker will suit you better than the other.

Speaking of this... just a side question...

Anyone heard of Dunlavy speakers?

my girlfriends dad has thier highest end speaker, but they seem to have gone out of buiseness, and i just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about them.

I had a pair of Phase Tech 4's ( i think they were 4"s).

Great speakers. I used them for about 10 years. I gave them to my Mom and Dad and they are still using them.

I replaced them with a pair of KLF 20's.

The Phase Tech's just disappeared into the room.

I have not heard the new line.

Danny

A good friend of mine was into Dunlavy Speakers .dunlavy6.jpg. The top of the line Signature SC-VI has 2x15 woofers, 2x5.5 mids and a 1 inch tweeter. Rated at 150 watts. Nearly six and half feet tall and weigh over 500 lbs each. All for about 25 grand a pair. Yowza!

Phase Technology USED to be sold at Tweeter. They (i think) invented the silk dome tweeter. not very efficient but when properly powered they sound amazing, i hear. he is going to bring his over which are the PC 3.1II's.

as far as the klipsch's, he liked them. low end suffers from placement right now but with the sub it was very nice. impressed with the 430, but could do better with something else, but would cost much MUCH more.

he suggested some different placement ideas which i am going to work with later on.

Justin,

I went through some old Phase Tech brochures which say they've been producing drivers and completed systems on an OEM basis since the mid 1950's for many famous makers of stereo equipment. They are definitely a legitimate loudspeaker manufacturer building all of their own drivers. They are headquartered in Jacksonville, FL. I did audition their speakers in the 1980's but in the end, ended up with Klipsch Heresys.

Tom

----------------

On 2/19/2003 11:18:00 AM BBB wrote:

A good friend of mine was into Dunlavy Speakers .
"<a
http://www.stereophile.com/archivesart/dunlavy6.jpg">. The top of the line Signature SC-VI has 2x15” woofers, 2x5.5” mids and a 1 inch tweeter. Rated at 150 watts. Nearly six and half feet tall and weigh over 500 lbs each. All for about 25 grand a pair. Yowza!

----------------

hmmm...

remind me to make very good friends with her dad.

----------------

On 2/20/2003 3:42:50 PM BBB wrote:

Yes Jas. It might be a good time to consider a long-term commitment with your girlfriend AND her family.

O.K. honey, so you dont want to go out today. Whats your dad doing tonight? He he he he he
11.gif
----------------

Sounds like me and my Friend's dad's Porsche 9.gif

The Vienna speakers are nice. I liked how they sounded. Very laid back to me, especially compared to the Klipsch. I found the Klipsch RF-7s to be more dynamic and a little bit more detailed. The Vienna were on my short list.

----------------

On 2/20/2003 7:08:42 PM kenratboy wrote:
Sounds like me and my Friend's dad's Porsche
9.gif

----------------

Speaking of Porches. I remember getting behind a Porsch Turbo once on Rt 3 on the way back from work. We were coasting up to a red light. The light than turned green. I figured the guy would just drop the thing into second gear or something and gun it out through the intersection (I had my Saturn ready to go behind him)! What happens instead? I hear the engine reving up as the guy is trying to find a freaking gear to put the thing in! 6.gif Geez, if you are going to get a $60,000+ car, at least learn to drive the freaking thing!

----------------

On 2/20/2003 9:09:19 PM skonopa wrote:

The Vienna speakers are nice. I liked how they sounded. Very laid back to me, especially compared to the Klipsch. I found the Klipsch RF-7s to be more dynamic and a little bit more detailed. The Vienna were on my short list.

----------------

On 2/20/2003 7:08:42 PM kenratboy wrote:

Sounds like me and my Friend's dad's Porsche
9.gif

----------------

Speaking of Porches. I remember getting behind a Porsch Turbo once on Rt 3 on the way back from work. We were coasting up to a red light. The light than turned green. I figured the guy would just drop the thing into second gear or something and gun it out through the intersection (I had my Saturn ready to go behind him)! What happens instead? I hear the engine reving up as the guy is trying to find a freaking gear to put the thing in!
6.gif
Geez, if you are going to get a $60,000+ car, at least learn to drive the freaking thing!

----------------

Try $130,000+ - sad how people buy a car that is a hardcore racing machine, but drive it like a used Civic. Only if some of those people paid a racing school instructor to take them for a few laps around a track, they would never look at their car again 9.gif