SVS are they better?

easylistener

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your speakers are fine. Originally I had RF3 and the SVS blended nicely.

With dualies it is very easy to drown out everything but bass.

but after spending some time today I think the bass is far more uniform thruoghout the viewing area without drowning out the rest of the speakers.

SVs will compliment your speakers nicely.

scott

I have RF3's and an SVS 25-31PCi. It doesn't go as low, but has a higher SPL rating. I can tell you that it complements the RF3's perfectly. I have found that for movies, I set set the RF3's to small and cross them at 60Hz, and the RC and RS's at 80Hz, and it sounds awesome. For tunes, I set the RF'3s to large, and cross the SVS over at around 60Hz. This lets the RF3's perform at their full potential for music (something at which they shine IMO), and the SVS picks up where they leave off. Sounds amazing, especially on HDCD source material (I'm using an HK AVR525, which has great amps as well).

Hey Folks, first timeer here. I am a die hard Rotel/Klipsch/SVS fan. I posted here because I kept reading about how many SVS fans there are on this sight and since I am also a Klipsch fan I figured, what the heck! The SVS blows the finish off of the Klipsch subs I have demoed. In fact I have owned a Klipsch SW8 a Paradigm PW2200 and currently own a 20-39PC+ SVS. I have demoed a B&K,Sunfire,Def Tech, Klipsch RSW12&15 and M&K. Seems like I missed a couple, but you get the point. The SVS moved me, litteraly and I have not one time considered sending it back. Of all the subs I considered the SVS was in line pricewise and I would like to say that there is not a sub made that would do in my room what the SVS does for the $800 or double that. In fact I would be shocked if you could tripple that and find one that can knock stuff over with out making a sound. Yes I am a happy SVS owner and if you have any qualms about buying without listening then I say poooh! See yall around!

Funny that the svs did not impress me at all,it sounded ok,no competition to my rsw15,or even the rsw12 I demoed side by side in my own room.I would have loved to save money and have twice the sound,it didn't happen for me.

Fish,

I can't agree with you more. The RSW15 will take out the 2531PCi even in a dual setup.

As an SVS fan and owner of a dual setup it took me many many hours of moving 2 PC+2039 all over my HT and calibrating my receiver multiple times and taking countless SPL readings, adjusting crossovers, gains and PHASE (this was key)and subwoofer levels on the receiver. Not the old plug in and go.

At times I recall saying the rsw10 performed better than the twin towers. But after a great deal of patience and then a little more patience followed by a few beers, pizza, and a few more beers then a little more patience i achieved the wonderful world of deep rich bass that will shake the **** out of you, notice that is a 5 and not an s.

I also took the time to wire the entire seating area with bass shakers. no need for them anymore.

I am glad to hear the RSW15 is working for you. SVS subs are not for everyone.

But seeing someone content with their purchase makes these forums all worth while.

Scott

The denmarks are actually realy nice speakers, three way with dual 8 in each. They actualy have better mid and lows then the klipsch. I have a lot more stuff than what I listed, I didn't want a two page list like some of the guys. I don't have the best stuff but it sounds real good, and I am limited buy the coin. I have been off of work for about a year and a half and havd had three surgries on my shoulder, so as you can see it has set me back from my fast pass buys. The list does not do the quility justice.