Priorities

Mallette

So I have a toilet that needs fixing, a backyard sorely in need of clean up, CD's that need burning, and a video that has a one week deadline.

Sounds like a great day to spend with Ken Johnson first at my house, then hauling the MBS-3 over to his house and having a listening fest.

I'll leave it to him to sum up that, but I just wanted to point out...

Life is good when your priorities are in order.

Dave

Hi, Dave:

Yard work galore, I (we) can relate.

I'm trying to find high quality sound card alternatives, and have recently read very positive things about the Audigy II card. 24/96 ability, with a signal to noise ratio of 106dbs, approx. Any thoughts on this.

By the way, I think the fellow who was interested in buying the AE-1, isn't considering it anymore. I haven't heard from him. This is not all bad, since it is a great line stage.

I need to send another email to you.

Erik

I've not heard great things about Audigy, but I've not heard one in person so I can't comment. I think the M-Audio is a better bet, but I've not heard that one either. I suspect Ken is going to get the M-audio pretty soon, so when you come up we will have a comparision. The entry M-audio is cheaper than Audigy. It's easy to move the MBS-3 around, or Ken's over here.

I guess that isn't a lot of help since I've heard neither, but we'll puzzle it out.

We spent a few minutes messing with the Sound Forge noise and pop removal and dynamic expansion module on the superb Louis Armstrong "Best of Louis Armstrong" album which I'd recorded to 24/96. Since Ken is a vinyl lover of some at least 2500 albums, I was interested in his impression. Of course, it was hardly and exhaustive session, but he seemed to like it.

Dave

Sounds promising I already have a spare PC to use just have to find the cash for a soundcard. I bet the M-audio will work out fine. I have never loved the Creative stuff . I use Phillips sound cards now and love them. But no 24/96 .

What really kills me is the software cost for sound forge. I have to find a source for this !!

Craig