JBL S38II's

Well, today I was at best buy and there was an open box pair of S38II's out, So i ask my boss how much he wants for them and in the end I end up getting the $500.00 for $250.00. That was a steal. So obvisouly I had to buy them since they would be worth more after I walked out the door then just letting them sit there. So I bring them home hook them up with some monster XP cable (I know its totally weak, I hate XP cable but I get it for more than half off so its worth it) and the gold connectors. Anyways I hook them upo and to say the least those speakers are not worth $500.00 at all. The Klipsch quintets I think sound better than these. Anyways I was wondering what you guys all thought of JBL's studio series and stuff.

Doc,

I also looked at the JBL 38's. I loved the fullness the speakers produced, but to me there bass was way to harsh. 250.oo for two was an excellent deal any you cut it.

I listen to classical music, and love my little Klipsch SB-3's. They fill my 12 x 20 living room with rich, full sound. I still can't beleive the sound stage they produce. My son complements me (LOL)- on their imaging!

I was hesitent at first, also to try klipsch, with my limited budget, but once I brought them home, and got the speakers arranged properly I was sold.

Please, when Best Buy gets in their Klipsch,(I know-all the comments), go listen, hell, even buy some SB-3's and try them out. If you don't like them-take em back. But I think would would fast become a Klipsch fan if you did. MHO..........

The JBL "studio" series at best buy is kind of a joke imo.

While they are not aweful speakers they are not near the quality of the real JBL studio series.

JBL still makes and sells a number of lines of speakers in japan that I don't believe are generally available over here in the states.

I would be interested in comparing my 1981 JBL L46 speakers to the new S38II's as they seem to be a similarly sized speaker(8" woofer etc.)

Peace, Josh

I like the idea about the used hersey's... how much is a decen pair of used hersey's run around. I already own klipsch so its not like its afirst time or anything... to tell you the truth even though a lot of the synergy series is weak, I wouldn't mind seeing what I get with my discount just because if they are as cheap as i get the jbl's then i may be buying some synergy stuff lol. Anyways thanks for the advice. I think I may take them back to a different store lol or sell em. who knows. I don't know that many people who would be interested in something like that though. The other thing with them is that which i noticed is the total lack of highs on those speakers. I just don't like the high's at all but hey it was a steal in my book.... thanks for the input. What do you guys think of a B&K pre amp with one stereo amp as opposed to a parasound or an adcom preamp with a stereo amp, because to tell you the truth I am getting ready to buy my first pre amp/amp and I am getting excited but at the same time I'd like something good..... so parasound, adcom, B&K, what do you think of Onkyo's preamp/amp.