RB3 Opinions

Kman

I was thinking of picking up 2 pairs of these for some music in a modest room- I have not had a chance to listen to them, but was wondering how they sound- any owners out there? They seem like some nice little reference speakers. -I have a pair of KG1.5s (which I haven't listen to in years...long story) how do they compare with these speakers?

Thanks

Kman

I have heard them at the store and they are real nice for their size, if room is a problem, I would buy a pair. I don't think you can go wrong with any Klipsch speaker, I mean they all sound incredible and are decently priced too. I would get them or look at some in-wall speakers, they have some AMAZING sound, that's why I bought a pair of RCR-5's, INSANE sound out of a in wall, sounds just like a full range tower.

Sorry, I can't compare the RB3 against your KG1.5. However, I do own a pair of RB3's and I can tell you they are awesome IMHO! I recently upgraded my HT and started out with the Synergy series. I went back and listened to the Reference series and had to upgrade. I decided against the floor standing for both size and fit of my room. I think the best thing to do is to audition each and just decide on which fits best for you.

BTW: You should also read the NewsCenter because within the month, the RB3 series will be obselete so to speak. :)

I've heard the RB-3's and really liked the sound. Of course, I'm a bit against the grain altogether as I prefer the RB-5's over the Rf-3's. It's really a matter of ones own ears I guess. Anyway, I do like the fact that you can order them with the nice veneers and also, if the line is being discontinued, it might be a great opportunity to get some RB-3's on the cheap. Newer doesn't always mean better. If you like them and they fit into your room, buy them. You might wish to add a nice sub like an Adire or Hsu VTF-2 later to fill out the sound some. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm not sure I can score on the RB5s, but the RB3s would be just to use in a smaller room to listen to music and stuff- no home theater or anyting like that- probably would be running them with NAD seperates- so I was thinking 2pair would be nice

Kman

Matt,

In total, there are 14 new Klipsch Reference Series loudspeakers. Included are three passive towers (RF-15, RF-25, and RF-35), four bookshelf models (RB-15, RB-25, RB-35, and RB-75), two center channels (RC-25 and RC-35), two surround speakers (RS-25 and RS-35), which include Klipschs exclusive Wide Dispersion Surround Technology (WDST), and three new subwoofers that debut Klipschs new Corner Port Technology.

I think the RB3 series is just being renamed the RB35........