What do you use as your sub cable?

shoe11

We always talk about different subs, but never the cables we use to connect them with which begs a few questions:

1. What cable(s) are you using?

2. Have you tried more than one?

If yes to #2 then:

Any comments on differences amongst them?

I've got each of mine connected with a 12ft Monster M-Series Bass 1000.

Next....

~shoe

I have used coax, long rca interconnects, Monster subwoofer cables, better cables and el cheapo cables.

In short runs I did not notice any difference between the cables

I have a run that is just about 20 feet. The longer length the coax performed well but running it thru the ceiling and the wall I somehow broke to cable lenghts.

The Better cable works fine.

One thing that I like about the more expensive cables is that the connector seem to make a firmer connection.

There my 2 cents 3.75 canadian

Scott

I previously used a Monster cable RCA that sold at BB for like $60(I got it around $15 w/employee discount). I switched because I needed a different length. Now I use a 12ft Acoustic Research RG-6 coax cable I had lying around. I just screwed on these adapters from Radio Shack:

m278-252.jpg

It's cheap and it works good. I noticed no difference in sound quality.

Monster Z Bass "Reference",Z Bass 100,Monster M850,Tributairies(dont even remember the model DOH)and a Cardas(QuadLink I think I purchased when I started in High-End audio).Plus on or two I would have to check

What will you hear...you really want to know! Not much change,if the cable is well shielded and the signal conductor is not eaten bu oxidation(err 100% oxygen loaded LOL) you should be fine.

UltraLink and Tributairies make great cables and priced for all.Monster Cable is overpriced unless you get near 50% off deals.

And dont forget a upscale power cord for your sub.

1.gif

I use UltraLink and Chang powercords with the Aerial SW12,Velodyne HGS18,Revel B15