Hey EAR..When are you gonna review the svs b4 plus for us!!!

elgrillo

Ive seen you mention your desire on purchasing this sub, and was wondering if you were gonna do it any time soon. I would really like to see your thoughts on the sub, and how it compares to say the RSW 15. Both have very nice exterior finishes, and I was really impressed with the smoothness of the RSW 15. Though it reallly wouldn't be fair to compare the 2 since the svs is quite a bit more money, I would still love to see what you think about them.

Sorry much later this year,adding yet another sub to my system(s)is not a top priority right now.

I will get a B4-Plus and the SS.But right now I have more subwoofer fortitude then just about any member here,besides the SVS guys.More subwoo***e is pure overkill,yes I love monster power.But it will have to wait a bit.

Now I am revamping my computers,added a ASUS P4G8X with loads of PC3500 Corsair.And will get a dual Xeon soon.

I don't see why people are always spazzing about the RSW series lack of output below 30 hz. while it may look good on paper to have flat response down to 15 hz, there is practically no musical information at those frequencies, it just isn't needed.well, unless you only listen to pipe organ music. for this reason, I would say the RSW series make very good music subs, due to their "punch" and their "speed", but SVS take the lead for movies.

Does anybody else find it funny when TheEAR talks about subwoofer overkill?

I don't think it's useless to have a sub that can play ultra low. There's lots of dvd's with good lows. When Star Wars gets going on my HT, it sounds(and feels) a lot better with my current sub(flat to 15hz), than with my other subs that couldn't do <30hz with authority(dual LF-10's). I'll admit for music it doesn't make as big a difference as it does for HT, but that doens't mean it's not beneficial. I was surpised at how much music I had that actually did have some low frequency content. It just added a little more depth to the music.

LoL isn't that the true, when I got my klipsch Promedia 4.1's and more importantly my SunFire Signature. Not only did I get a real taste of low end impact and volume, but I heard lower notes on some songs and DVD's that I never knew was there, it made me feel like going through all my CD's and DVD's again lol.

fabulousfrankie,

Funny? When you will have a dozen subwoofers at home then you will tell me what is funny and what is overkill.

Multiple 15",12",10" and a 18" Velodyne. LOL

I know what 16Hz is,with power.AT 30Hz my main sound system and my secondary can belt over 120dB with total ease.

mOOn,

No I am not selling much,I sold my Klipsch KSW12 and 15(were used as PC subs),plus the Sunfire Junior went too.I Replaced the Junior with the Super Junior.Soon I will replace the Mark II with the Mark IV. LOL

Now my whimpiest PC sound system uses 2 Carver Knight Shadow subs. LOL

Talk about modesty

9.gif

Since I like techno I need a solid foundation.

----------------

On 4/2/2003 10:25:26 PM TheEAR wrote:

fabulousfrankie,

Funny? When you will have a dozen subwoofers at home then you will tell me what is funny and what is overkill.

----------------

What are you being snappy for? I wasn't saying anything bad, maybe all the bass is getting to your head3.gif. Most on this forum don't expect the word overkill to come from you, especially when dealing with subs.

Max output with all subs in one room,never.The SPL at 30Hz would be devastating,ha even at 20Hz it more them most will stand.

After I reach the magic 120dB mark I stop the tests,why push my ears to overload. 1.gif

What I did I set all my subs in the smaller room when I tested my new SACD/DVD player with Lord of the Rings.Awesome,efortless and scary would be the choice words to describe the experience.The scene where the devil apears the floor and walls shake with sub human force.

Also the classic Pearl Harbor scene when the **** drop the armor piercing bomb on the battleship and the bomb explodes inside! OMG the walls are near tearing and the concrete floor is in the critical zone.LOL