Mark Deneen

Deang

Double post. Oh well, mind as well make good use of it.

I need some help understanding what is going on when one bypasses the grid of a pentode tube, and goes 'triode'. I've been reading some stuff that indicates this is really cheating the circuit, and that to do it right involves more than just strapping a resistor across the pins.

Also, my question from the original thread -- Are you the same 'Mark Deneen' of Paragon fame?

You're a turkey...you didn't answer either one of my questions :)

I'm a reader -- I always seem to stumble across the most interesting things.

"According to former Paragon owner, Mark Deneen, the original Model 10, designed by 'consulting' engineer Bruce Moore, was unmanufacturable and only 50 were ever made. I never heard one, but I did hear, and even owned, the replacements, the Model 12 and 12A. They were excellent in their day, maybe the best available, with full-bodied sound, spatial information and good retrieval of decay. That was breakthrough performance at the time."

Just think, if you would have stayed in the business you could have lost your mind 20 years ago -- instead of having to wait another 20 years for it to happen. :)

So, what's 30 years? Seems to me that all anyone really does in the industry is reinvent the wheel over and over again.

What about my making a triode out of a pentode question? Any relevent thoughts on that?

Yup it was wired in Triode ! I changed it back and miss the distinct triode sound already. But the amp regained its extra headroom. 20 watt amps can't handle the transition to triode unless you like to listen at 90 db all the time. Which is a good thing for your hearing 1.gif

Craig