Saving private ryan

Bruinsrme

As I was watching Saving Private Ryan I came across a scene where it looked light a bright white light was casting a serious glare on the camera. This happened on 3 different units

The scene where the wimpy private shoots the german they let go at the radar station.

Dell Laptop toshiba 4x

Pioneer 47ai

Onkyo DV-CP500

Info

Saving Private Ryan Special Limited Edition DTS

ISBN 0-7832-3540-2

Scene 19

Time 2:34:00 to 2:36:00

I have 3 other dvd players I can try it on but have to run to work. Anyone else seen this flaw?

Thanks

Scott

Scott~

Yeah I've seen that same thing on the non-DTS release as well. If I remember correctly it shows up a few times during the movie. I remember two instances of it. Once at the trench scence and then when Hanks is looking back from the guns.

So what's the deal with that Kain?

~shoe

Kain is young, dumb and full of something. well maybe not dumb. . working with a number of people from that region of the world, life is valued differently than what the west sees it. I will left it at that. If I was to continue my opinions would be conveyed, and misconceptions created. So for now my silly americanized opinions will be kept to myself.

But I do appreciate his reply to my posting, after all he just may be correct.

I wonder if the film was damaged during production and the cost to reshoot was not worth it so they left it there for affect?

Scott

Bruins, that effect is thrown in the movie during different parts on purpose. They wanted to give a documentary, hand held camera feel to a WWII drama through the eyes of a camera on the scene. It is on all the versions both DD and DTS. The scene you mention contains a glare that was intended to be kept on the film to accomplish this.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what the cinematography will be like for the inevitable Saving Private Lynch. The sound will have to be DTS-ES or DD-EX.

I say that almost jokingly, although I do know a TV movie is already under consideration. But my hat's off and a big salute to Jessica and all our other soldiers over there. Hoo-ah and hoo-rah!