Gasp! No Klipsch Speakers on Recent Stereophile Recommended Products

CatManFever

I have wrote to Stereo(bile) about Klipsch speakers many years ago and had my letter published. I complained about why they did not have any Klipsch speakers reviewed.

I received no reward or acknowledgement from Klipsch nor was I expecting any from them. Though, I did thought that Paul was going to give me a Teak or Zebrawood Klipschorn out of extreme kindness. Oh, did I mention that I wanted it laquered? 1.gif

It's called Advertising! If Klipsch wanted to get some products reviewed they would have to start spending some money on ads for the magazine. Since Klipsch makes most of there money on cheaper PC systems and there lower end speakers it would make no since to advertise in a magazine like Stereophile. Look at how many reviews Musical Fidelity receives, and you can correlate that to how many ads are in the magazine. It's all about MONEY.

If you go back to old StereoBile issues on recommended components you will see lot of them with terrific reviews. One would think he could buy that speaker or component and that would be the end of it!

After all, it says things like "blows every other one away" or "I can't see anything better than this", "most perfect (this and that)" etc., stuff like that. So you see, that should be the end of it and they should close shop and go home. BUT THEY DON'T!!!

So you can see it's all baloney and it's just made to keep you buying and selling and selling and buying and they all can have jobs all their lives. Go see for yourself. Go get an old StereoBile and read the recommended component list review. It can be quite amusing. Don't tell me I didn't warn you! 11.gif

Maron---Great Plains is making the original 604 in Oklahoma under the Iconic brand name as the Iconic 160-8. This is the real deal, made on the original Altec production equipment by Bill Hanushek, the real Altec's last head designer. Evidently the False Altec was gonna buy from Bill but then decided to go with cheap Chinese copies. This is covered in the Unofficial Altec forum.

Personally I need Chinese Altecs like I need a hole in the head.

James I thought that was you, the Doug McCall thing threw me.

Creative writing #1

Editor:

Congratulations on the hiring of Art

Dudley. In his very first column, in January,

he mocked "poor people." In the second,

after casually insulting first "creationists,"

then political conservatives, he manages to

fill about three pages with what basically

amounts to a promo for Avantgarde horn

loudspeakers. Three pages on horns, with

nary a mention of Paul Klipsch or his

speakers? Now that is my idea of "creative

writing."

Doug McCall

Nevada, MS

Jdmccall56@aol.com

Stereophile April 2003 letters to the editor

JJT,

Yes it was me. Douglas is my middle name. "Doug" is what I have always answered to.

lynnm,

Better looking? Why if anyone of you nay-bobs has ever seen a more handsome dogs rear end than me, I'd like to see it!

...OK, I will concede points on humility.

A-F,

Stereophile: The magazine we love to hate!

Art Dudley is a lot like Michael Fremer in that he is a very talented writer...who just happens to incite me to wanna punch him right in the kisser on a fairly regular basis! At least Mikey can be amusing. A.D takes himself way to seriously, and can't seem to resist the urge to push his liberal agenda at every conceivable opportunity.

Hey Maron, you from Stoutsville? If you're THAT Maron Horonzak (and let's face it; how many Maron Horonzaks can there be?), then I recall seeing a letter or two of your's in dear old S-phile. I remember because of the Missouri address. For a while I thought you were the other audiophile from Missouri.3.gif

ps - duh! i just checked your profile. I guess you are "that" Maron Horonzak!

What was your beef with Corey? He was my favorite Stereophile writer. Not that I always agreed with him, but dang, he could make me roll in the floor, laughing. I thought he was doing a good job with AUDIO, too, then "poof", that gig was over! I guess he's on NBC now, but I've never seen him. I really miss the humor he brought to audio writing.

My favorite Corey-isms: "He-man audio rig" and "juice my lizard" (as in "that amp really j's m l").