HGS 18 = JU

RayCanales

I really dont care what other people say its just that they take their equipment too serious, and I wasnt just calling other peoples equipment junk mine too

the HGS18 and SVS after tonight too probably.

I think is just that I dont agree with other peoples opinion

its funny what we own is always the best..

I would never buy another Velo

and a SVS thats a ripoff....

if you ever get close to one take it apart and check out the high quality stuff that they threw in there.9.gif

I dont care anymore..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, exactly, opinion. your opinion is that you like your cerwin vega! subwoofers. my opinion is that I like my klipsch RSW-15 subwoofer. notice how it gets the same point across without saying something like... "your cerwin vega! subwoofer is an unaccurate peice of $hit that was meant to play loud and loud alone and that is the only thing it does." or "your rsw's and SVS are weak, they can't play at 150 db like my cerwin vega! can, which means they are peices of ****." neither of these statements are effective in having a meaningful conversation.

when u get a chance audition a hgs18 that will make you think twice about the rsw15... that is one cheaply made box and the driver is even worse, what kind of amp is on that thing anyway4.gif

I have not had a chance or misfortune of ever owning a Klipsch SUB but have friends that do have them and they just dont seem to do well with Heritage series speakers way too slow....

but if you like it fine....

8.gif

Slow bass?! Ray, do you even start to comprehend what you are talking about ? I have heard people mention fast bass, slow bass and sloppy bass. Whatever. Most people think that a lot of output in the 50-60 hz region gives a tight or fast quality to the bass. I think it makes for unaccurate reproduction. Try this simple test : Unhook your main speakers and listen to just your subwoofers playing bass heavy music. Does that sound tight and accurate ? Probably not. If you like a big midbass hump, than so be it. You like it so it's okay by me. But don't be calling decent subwoofers down and saying that your cerwin vega's are the be all and end all of subs. If you want to try some real prosound subwoofers and you have the kilobucks to do it, then test drive the servodrive contrabass system. Two 15" diameter belt driven active subwoofers with ludicrous amounts of travel coupled with two 18" diameter passive units in a small package. It plays real loud and goes down to an astonishing 14 hz with real tangible output. 14 cycles per second , that's at least one octave below what your cerwin vega's are capable of, and I will guarantee that.

"your cerwin vega! subwoofer is an unaccurate peice of $hit that was meant to play loud and loud alone and that is the only thing it does."

>>> ooohhh an outburst from the peanut gallery kool.... what does unaccurate mean anyway?

Piece of **** yeah right whatever you apparently dont know ****..

the challenge was posted and this is how you respond , ur a joke the rears..

anytime anywhere bring your dreams and walk away with a nightmare..

Ray owns a Taco Bel style sound system

>>> shouldnt someone at least learn TACO BELL stopped selling stuff since you started dreaming about the **** you talk. why dont you go buy something decent and quit dreaming first....

kool though I like the outburst....

NICE....FROM GOD TOO .... HE DOES LISTEN... 11.gif

I'm a canadian - like an american, but without a gun

this tells your whole story ... shut up and keep to yourself canadian ..

go down to circuit city and buy something decent then talk **** to me son.

we here in the US do things different ..... we talk and we back it up.4.gif

LOL

I won't shut up or keep to myself. Btw, the last time I checked this forum was open to anyone except those who do something stupid to get themselves kicked off it. We do have a Circuit City in Canada, up here it's called Future Shop. They merged last year. Btw, Ray, what's NOT decent about what I own ? Is it because I don't have Heritage speakers ? Give me a break, one of my best friends has a set of '86 k horns and a set of '84 belles, so I do know what they sound like. We do things in the U.S different ?! Like what ? Mortgage your house a fourth time so you can afford a stereo ? Right. If you want horn loaded bass, then why don't you buy a few BASSMAXX b-1's. I'm sure that will fill the bill for you.

kool they sell Sharp at Future Shop that makes sense...

I didnt mean to offend the teenagers in the gallery...

and that would be the 5th mortgage... LOL

I think Im going to work on my 6th for my Ferrari next

4.gif

sorry about the canadian comment u folks are just not on top of my most liked list now..... french canadians or not.... that is the only reason for the anti-canadian comment.. aside from that you guys have great HAM ... LOL

Hey I have a friend that owns this and that what is that all about..6.gif

I know its Taco Bell(Taco Bel was to see how you would defend your fave restaurant),Mr Ray the Taco expert.

LOL

Oh if you call the Velodyne HGS18 and SVS POS subs then let me congratulate you on your weakling whimpy amp,the Krell FPB600 makes your amp looks,build and sound seem...lacking.B&K weak little amps for kids,Krell and Celeste MOON are real amps.

LOL

How about your source,my Pioneer DVAX10 makes your DVD player look like a dollar store purchase.

LOL

Oh you have a plasma TV,woohoo.I dont 8.gif

LOL

Its Brag O Rama time kids

I think it's fair to say that our cabin on a peninsula is bigger and can take more of a beating than your krell, your cerwin vega! or your celest moons! oh, and Krell isn't the best thing in town ears, and B&K isn't childs play. they put out a good product. 11.gif11.gif11.gif11.gif11.gif

I am a taco expert I am mexican.

LOL

probably better than what you claim you have anyway. dreamer.

KRELL and CELESTE are good I dont have my ol B&K anymore either. but I liked it. will be posting my new stuff once I set the damn cvs in the room.

have u ever even seen a krell?

I did buy a little CD player to replace that pos JVC but its not much better than the JVC a CAL ICON II looks like crap though.

as for the plasma I wish I had the money you say you have and I could afford to buy a 60" but for now that will do. what do you have a SANYO Fish bowl.

this is just like 2 kids going at it.. no hard feelings buddy.

I hope we are all still friends after all this.13.gif

Ok, look Ray man, you have an opinion, thats great, but the way you present it is so immature and repeatative. I mean common, between Kains post and this one ive read the same post over and over with a slightly different spin. As far as the maturity part, prodj101 is 15! and he handled this matter a million times more professionally than you. Ok, you like Cerwin Vega thats great, but none of us here see your reasoning. I mean huge output with no low bass extension just dosnt add up. Also, is it really neccesary to make childish conjectures about all of us by the stuff we own? I mean common, I own a RSW-12, you gonna make fun of me for that? The point is im incredibly happy with my RSW-12 and thats all that matters. YOur happy with your CV, everybodies happy.

Enjoy your CV, ill enjoy my RSW, ears will enjoy his army of subs, ProDJ will enjoy his RSW-15. Were all happy.

You wish,unfortunate but true.The Krell,Aerial,Revel,Dynaudio,Sunfire,Klipsch,Audio Research,Celeste,Pioneer Elite,Sony ES,Sennheiser,Cardas,MIT,Chang Lightspeed,PS Audio,Monster Cable,Spendor,Totem,Velodyne,ATI(no not ATI the Canadian vid card maker LOL)are all mine.

1.gif

Dreamer!? LOL

I had the Cerwin Vega bass bin...in a nightmare.In this horror dream I lost my hearing and it felt like a King Tiger just fired its gun at me.Talk about a nightmare.

I live in a dream,you must be living a nightmare with all the bass bin disco BOOM.

LOL

WOW, to think I was going to compliment your "daughters system", man, I hope my Daughter doesn't see this thread, from you with the Scalz and HGS18 to boot, lucky kid, you must be SuperDad 16.gif

But you know, I come back to read this, and all your doing is picking a scrap...PERIOD! To think Kain was banned. I have been here over 2 yrs and have stated somethings that some people don't like (ie SVS) cool, it's just my opinion, but your style, and you have the balls to ask for help?! 11.gif

By the way, we just got your US Best Buy up here in Western Canada, any recommendations there GURU.....

Don't blast off about my Country dipsh*t 7.gif

Geezzz, I have been checking in to this BB off/on since 1999, things have changed a LOT!

Too many topics turning into a pissing contest.

Mine is better than yours so that makes YOU a jack-***??

LIGHTEN UP!!!!!!!!!

This is supposed to be helpful, informative and fun.

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!

Take care all.

Mike

lol...attacking the ear. I'm new at this , but The Ear is one guy i'm sure knows what he's talking about. From him and others at this forum I've picked up some great info. Futher more, I had 2 CV loudspeakers with 15's before I bought my rf-3. The CV's were great for rap and some other songs but as an all around speaker including HT they paled in comparison to my RF-3s. I seriously doubt their subs for home use are better than those you call crap. I would love to have a HGS-18