next year's class schedule... I am gonna fail

tpg

Don't worry so much about the money, like others have said. I don't remember who said it, but if you get a job you like, you won't have to work another day of your life. And although I'm probably not the most informed or wise person to be giving opinions (I'm still in college working on my BSME-bachelors science mechanical engineering), I know plenty of older people who would second this.

Re. AP Calc, if you have half a brain you should have no problem 2.gif unless your teacher just really sucks. of course your grade really depends on how much you are interested in the class.

Matt

p.s. keep busting your *** at school, it'll be worth it in the long run (or so I hope, hope i haven't sacraficed my social life for a pipedream 9.gif )

Cisco won't be that bad, if you have any Unix at all a lot of it will look familiar. Cisco IOS is basically a super stripped down type of Unix that will run from ROM on proprietary hardware. There's masses of material available on the net for it. It's very "modal", you have to be in the right mode in the right place before you can do anything.

Feel free to hit me up for any Q's, if I can't answer I can find out.

I recommend you send Gil your address immediately, he's one of the smartest guys around here and that Calc book he's referring to must be a gem. I struggled with Calc a few years ago, I really needed a book that could give a clear overview of the main points and pitfalls. I was so bogged down in the stupid algebra tricks they use I missed out a lot on the actual Calc concepts, which are very cool. Those guys are right about not using it much, but Calc is the language of Engineering, learning it rearranges your thinking processes to be much more effective at solving problems. Not many people outside of college campuses actually sit around doing Calculus, but you need to understand so you can tell if the computers are feeding you garbage.

You'll do fine, you wouldn't be in those AP classes if you weren't sort of over-bright to begin with.

Tom