jump from KLF-30's to RF-7's?

bchild311

i haven't heard them side-by-side

fwiw-i bought my klf-30's just before they stopped making them because i KNEW how they sounded, and didn't want to 'risk' waiting on rf-7's. you have the opportunity to compare, however i am thoroughly pleased w/my klf-30's. the only potential replacement i would consider-although not anytime soon-would be heritage model klipsches(la scalas?)avman.

I would suggest you sell that RC-7 and get the KLF-C7. It would probably end up being a wash in cost, but since the KLF-C7 is center Klipsch made to match your KLF30s it should greatly improve your HT experience. I'm sure the RF-7s are great, but personally I would stick with the KLF30s if I were you.

----------------

On 4/23/2003 12:01:33 PM bchild311 wrote:

Yeah? thanks for the post. I'll probably end up sticking with the Legends.

----------------

There's another member who has a KLF-C7, but is considering an RC-7. His username is "Mike Frankel", the title of his thread is;

target=_blank>

You two should make contact and see about a possible Center Channel trade/swap.

Wes

bchild311,

Youre welcome. Hope you and Mike can workout some equitable arrangement. Think you both would benefit by having the respective centers for your systems. Having a center speaker timbre matched to your fronts will improve you guys movie and music sessions immensely.

Wish the best to you both.

I A/B'd the KLF30's and the RF7's and bought the KLF's because the KLF's sounded more dynamic to me. The RF's are tremendous speakers also. I would be happy with either but certainly wouldn't go the cost of trading "up" to them as in my case I would see it as a downgrade albeit a minor one.