Aragon electronics

cyclonecj

I am curious about the connection that Klipsch has to Aragon, since it is on their web site. Does Klipsch own the company? Also, I have never seen any talk about them here. Anyone here used any Aragon stuff?

I can't imagine that Klipsch would recommend a 200 or 300 watt amp!

The topic area for Aragon is under the "Home" area, under 'Aragon'.

I believe Aragon was owned by Mondial, which I think Klipsch bought. Steve Mondial is the moderator on the Aragon topic area. You might ask him 2.gif

The Aragon Palladium monoblock puts out 1000 watts into 2 ohms. Not sure what thats good for in the Klispch line. Maybe they're thinking of commercial theater systems or something, but they sure don't look like it (cosmetically).

Thanks Artto. I will check over there.

The reason I posted here was because I am more curious about the sound, in other words, was there a sonic reason for Klipsch to join with them? Has anyone here used or heard them??

What I can tell you is, Quicksilver Audio (Mike Sanders) (tubes) has worked with Klipsch over the years. So, like yourself, I've always been puzzled about the Aragon thing.

After 2 days, I finally got an answer from Steve Phillips at Klipsch Tech Support. He did not give a direct reason for the purchase, but said that Klipsch owners like to use separate amps in their systems.

He went on to say how much he loved the sound of Aragon amps over his Denon 3801. He is running Klipschorn mains with a La Scala center.

I have two pre-amps and two power-amps... The Pre-amps sre an AMC 1030 class A tube.. and an audio refinement pre-5... it is solid state, and has a 5 channel in/out for the newer DVD Audio and SACD formats... it also works in stereo... it is a great piece... and only about $800 from Value Audio ... they have a nice website as well. The power amps are an AMC 2100as tube amp... runs in class A up to 15 watts per channel... and of course, the Aragon, which I believe runs in Class A up to 20 Watts per channel...

I will have a lot of fun over the next couple of months... right now... I am thinking the system will end up with the pre-5 running tube power into the k-horns for the front... and Cornwalls for the rears... with a Phantom center... but time will tell. And will post any findings...

Hi Craighorn,

If you're going to use multi channel SACD or DVD-A, I wouldn't try to get by with 4 speakers and a phantom center. There are some SACDs that absolutely require a center speaker and it can't be simulated. Some, for example, have the vocal and little else coming out of the center, and the front left and right have just vocal reverb. Phantoming it just wouldn't work.

The SACD / DVD Audio player has its own extensive internal menu... It is the DVD-47ai from Pioneer... and when you set it for Phantom... it equally mixes the center into the two front channels... I have been using the Cornwalls with a pair of KLF-10s in the rear... and it works great...

The Aragon also works fine with the cornwalls... sounds wonderful... but the k-horns will be the real test...

I now have the Aragon and YBA hooked up to the Cornwalls. They were hooked up to a pair of $10,000 Infinity IRS Sigmas. The combo sounds great. I tried the AMC tube stuff, but it seems very sensitive to ground hum problems, and other electrical noise when mated to the Klipsch, this was never a problem with the Infinities... efficiency CAN cause problems. I will be trying a Balance Power Technology BP-2 conditioner, and will let all know how the unit works. It is $1200, but they make a smaller unit for $349 - it will handle 1000 watts, and could solve the noise problem with Klipsch efficiency and electrical noise, without a large outlay of cash. For now, this SS set up sounds wonderful... and the Cornwalls I bought for under $1000 delivered are outperforming the Infinities... glad I did not pay the $10k for them ( the Sigmas ) ... more to follow when the K-horns arrive...hopefully this week !

cyclonecj,

I have a 2 adcom amps and 2 scott 99ds. I plan to compare them on both heresy's and RF7s. Just bought the rf7, but it is having warranty work done - came defective from the factory, so I won't have it for another week or 2, then I'll be able to report back. My hunch is that it will depend on the music. I bought the RF7s for different reasons than the heresys - strong bass and power, as they are in a large room. I'll let you know.

----------------

On 5/5/2003 8:53:47 PM v3pcbl wrote:

cyclonecj,

I have a 2 adcom amps and 2 scott 99ds. I plan to compare them on both heresy's and RF7s. Just bought the rf7, but it is having warranty work done - came defective from the factory, so I won't have it for another week or 2, then I'll be able to report back. My hunch is that it will depend on the music. I bought the RF7s for different reasons than the heresys - strong bass and power, as they are in a large room. I'll let you know.

----------------

Great news Del ... I will be waiting.

Sorry to hear about the RF-7 problems. What happened??

Also, Which Adcom's do you have? I have been running the GFA-585 limited for 11 years, & am VERY happy with it.