How much would you spend?

netnut

Thanks M00n,thats the exact # I had in mind.I had posted before but I wanted more feedback.I've been seeing numbers all over the place.Don't want to add to someones retirement fund.My dealer wnats $3350.I belive he still has movement.It's not like I hav'nt spent alot of money with him already.I quess it's what have you done for me lately.I realize you pay more at a dealer but he supports my equipment.I would like to compliment you on the way you carry yourself on these forums and your helpfulness to everyone.It is much appreciated. Thanks

----------------

On 4/29/2003 11:23:53 PM m00n wrote:

For what it's worth, I am picking up a single new RF7 for $825.00 on Thursday. So you can get them for a lot better than list. There really is a huge markup on them.

----------------

Thanks again

----------------

On 4/30/2003 9:42:43 AM netnut wrote:

Thanks M00n,I would like to compliment you on the way you carry yourself on these forums and your helpfulness to everyone.It is much appreciated. Thanks

----------------

22.gif

Thanks man. I hope I tend to be helpful. As much as I help, I also post usless non audio related crap too. I like to talk. This is a great social outlet fo me...

I try to give back what I have received. I remember a year ago. I was so new to all this. I still am but have come a long way. There is tons of awesome info here. Lots of great peeps.1.gif

Listen, listen, listen, then spend as little as possible on the ones that really sound good. Loudspeakers are the only bargain in audio they give the most bang for the buck.

Having said that, at about $1,000 for conventional loudspeakers like the Axiom Audio M80s or $2K for the Newtronics Skates, conventional loudspeakers really start sounding good. I thought that Klipsch reference towers at about $1095 also sounded very good. If you buy used, you should be able to sell them for close to what you paid for them making the long term investment almost risk free!

Although they come with their own set of unique problems, you can also get great performance from older big old horns. Unfortunately, many of these super-sensitive older models prefer the leaded fuel of tube amplifiers rather than the modern stuff. I would match a $300 NOS rebuilt integrated tube amplifier with some $500 Heresies up against any $1K conventional loudspeaker and $1K tin SS receiver any day. It may not win in every measured category, but the old fashioned, heavily built, super-sensitive combos make music like hand-made violins.

2.gif

I live in Canada and in canada US products are more expensive for us then for you at home.I paid $2400 Canadian for a pair of RF7's.

This is below $1600US/pair...in Canada

I deal and deal,if the retailer keeps a hard line and does not want to deal I leave the store and they sell nothing.

----------------

On 4/30/2003 10:33:58 AM Colin wrote:

Listen, listen, listen, then spend as little as possible on the ones that really sound good. Loudspeakers are the only bargain in audio – they give the most bang for the buck.

Having said that, at about $1,000 for conventional loudspeakers like the Axiom Audio M80s or $2K for the Newtronics Skates, conventional loudspeakers really start sounding good. I thought that Klipsch reference towers at about $1095 also sounded very good. If you buy used, you should be able to sell them for close to what you paid for them – making the long term investment almost risk free!

Although they come with their own set of unique problems, you can also get great performance from older big old horns. Unfortunately, many of these super-sensitive older models prefer the leaded fuel of tube amplifiers rather than the modern stuff. I would match a $300 NOS rebuilt integrated tube amplifier with some $500 Heresies up against any $1K conventional loudspeaker and $1K tin SS receiver any day. It may not win in every measured category, but the old fashioned, heavily built, super-sensitive combos make music like hand-made violins.

2.gif

----------------

Thanks Colin

----------------

On 4/30/2003 10:41:07 AM TheEAR wrote:

I live in Canada and in canada US products are more expensive for us then for you at home.I paid $2400 Canadian for a pair of RF7's.

This is below $1600US/pair...in Canada

I deal and deal,if the retailer keeps a hard line and does not want to deal I leave the store and they sell nothing.

----------------

Thans EAR

----------------

On 5/1/2003 9:32:23 AM lancestorm wrote:

Man. I hate it that you guys can get such a good deal! My dealer's lowest price is $2200 for a pair of RF-7's. Dang...

----------------

That is because your dealer is a tight wad. That is list price dude. Man on man you need to find a new dealer!

----------------

On 5/1/2003 9:52:17 AM m00n wrote:

That is because your dealer is a tight wad. That is list price dude. Man on man you need to find a new dealer!

----------------

There is only one in the Cincinnati area. Next one is up in Dayton. I've heard comments from an other member that they are just the same as these guys. Hmmmm...road trip to Oregon?

9.gif

$2200 for a pair of RF7's,is this 2200USD! LOL What a bum,dont spend a cent there.I got my RF7's for 2400 CANADIAN!

The deal was simple,retail...they can rott with the gear.I WILL NEVER PAY RETAIL,NEVER.I better not buy then pay retail.Its not a question of life and death here.

Audio is a luxury and not a must.The dealers who think people will pay full price should wake up or close their doors.