Xmen 2 thoughts

HannibalLecter

Just got back from a Friday primetime showing... sold out, of course. Stood in line for an hour and a half, but got reeallly good seats (a must for an opening blockbuster).

I was a fan of the comic back in the glory days of Claremont\Byrne. Liked the first movie a lot. Loved the second one. It kicked much a$$, and can't wait to hear what will happen with X3...

There was so much in the film for the fans; little cameos of characters they haven't had time to flesh out yet, Wolverine going berserker, and Nightcrawler has to be seen to be believed. His teleporting was handled perfectly, sound effect (Bamf!), blue smoke, and all.

I am becoming very sorry I sold all my comics a couple of months ago; but then, I hadn't read them in over ten years (that's what a house, family, and 60-hour work week will do to you)...

Can't wait for the DVD now...

1.gif

----------------

On 5/11/2003 12:38:08 AM sesquim wrote:

just watched the movie! the theater sound was ****! but the movie was AWSOMEEEE!!!!! MAnnnn JEEEENNNNN!!! Is POWERFUL! did she die????? or not? ?? i think shes da most powerful out of all the mutants... n1 else think so?

----------------

if i remember correctly she turns into the phoenix which would explain the silhouette in the water at the end of the movie and also why her eyes kept turning red when she would use her powers and why she kept hearing all the voices in her head. All part of her mutation into the phoenix.

Yes, Jean Grey is the Pheonix, so powerful that she cannot control herself. She is like elemental plasma, so powerful (hot) that the only thing that can contain her is herself and when she cannot handle herself she is destroyed. But as a pheonix she comes back from the ashes. I am "hot" for the Phoenix. Not even Mystique can imitate The Phoenix.

Jean when she becomes Phoenix - Classic X-Men no 8

GREAT MOVIE. I want X3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ...212!

Ya justin thats a crazy title! I know in my whole life time, i will never reach that much post on this forum cuz after a couple of weeks i'll be back in college for da next 4years and wont have time for internet cuz ther is no internet connection wher i stay.... :( nway... i'm happy for you! what an accomplishment!

Oh ya the phoenix sure is CoOL!!! I cant wait for the next Xmen movie...

Also, u know wolverines' claws is not made of metal or that metal they use in outer space i forgot wat its called umm.. something like... oh ya Titanium.. but wlverines claws are made with umm.. something like "ana..." nway.. wats that called again? and does it really exist? thats so cool! and that would take a long time to melt!

one more hehe... in the cartoon i use to watch isnt the girl um... lady deathstrike wolverines wife? or gf? or something... but in the movie... they'r nothing... aWWWWw poor her had to die like that! and she had exact power as wolverine!!!! healing power! man she did look hot! hehe..

Saw X2 Friday morning on regular film. I liked it better than X1. Took the kids the next Saturday. This time on DLP....Damn, that format is it. Period. Audio is all digital. Anyone toting grenedes with metal pins, bad idea. That was a "Oh ,thats gonna leave a stain." scene. DVD should be very good.

Looking forward to Matrix II. 2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I watched it again, this time to analyze it. found some errors. one being the metal screws in Stricker's glasses as he visits Magneto, not to mention that the frames themselves appear to be metal. there are others but why spoil an otherwise great movie!

did yall see Jubilee at the end? I sure hope she and Gambit are in the next one!