La Scala mods or maybe factory?

Saw these LaScalas on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3022384191&category=3275

Interesting looking trim work, but I thought unlikely to be factory. I'd sure be interested to hear if you have seen such. Have looked at some pics of very nicely done La Scala grill trim on this forum. Did Klipsch ever produce "dressed up" La Scala's? Am thinking of doing some grill work mods on unfinished birch cabinets and haven't yet settled on the right "look".

Appreciate any guidance or pics.

Dee

ONE other question: What would be impact on sound from placing the La Scala on casters such as these?

post-11993-13819247216942_thumb.jpg

The casters makes moving them around alot easier BUT will reduce the bass... so it definitely affects the sound.

don't feel bad about the trim john... i like your trim better. Looks more "correct" if you know what i mean... 2.gif

----------------

On 5/3/2003 5:07:03 PM John Albright wrote:

I really like that front trim! That's classy and classic. I wish I'd thought of it! It is not factory.

The attached pic is what I did.

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/edge1a.jpg">

----------------

John,

I was looking at your pics again and had a couple of questions: Is the trim material you found birch? Looks like a great match to the cab. Also, is your grill cloth stapled on, or removable?

thanks.

Dee

Having seen John's trim on his LS cabs in person, I can say it looks super. He had a shop do the work, and as I recall, a cherry finish on them. They are beautiful! Still wish I had bought the second pair of LS cabs (not finished), but I didn't have the money at the time. I hope his brother is enjoying them. Perhaps I can have first dibs if he decides to sell (hint).

Marvel

My front trim is a piece of 3/4 x 3/4 inch solid cherry. The grilles are the newer removable ones held in with velcro.

We found out when doing my brother's La Scalas that my finish is actually MinWax red mahogany under sprayed, water-based satin polyurethane.