For Sale: NOSvalves Scott 299B

Deang

My wayward 22 year old showed on our doorstep last week. She was a mess. I need money to get her professional help and pay the Dr. Bills. Don't ask me to go into detail -- it's painful enough as it is.

Pictures all over the site of this thing, I'll supply the links when I find them. Craig can fill you in on the details of this amp if he is up to it. Basically, he knows what a headbanger I am, and tends to go a little nutty on my stuff.

$680 shipped.

1974 Cornwalls in walnut may be next -- stay tuned.

A little over 20 watts. Plenty.

Measurements? You mean as in 'size', or 'specs'.

Specs won't measure up to solid state. It's not about how much distortion -- but what kind. Tube distortion doesn't give you the bends the way most solid state does. Size wise, it's probably about the same size as your Yammerhammer.

Hey Dean, Sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation you're in. That said... I'd be interested in the Cornwalls. I could "hold" them for you. That is buy them and if you wanted them back I'd sell back to you for the same price. Thanks, John

Craig,

We only think this forum is dead on the weekends. We forgot about our resident lurkers.

Sold!

I have recieved several emails about the Cornwalls, and one member has already agreed to my asking price. He emailed me about your offer John, which is very nice of you. The mailer said he was O.K. with me taking you up on your offer -- However, you would have to match the offer of $950. Seriously though, the way things are going right now -- it would take two years to buy them back:)

NUTS!!!

The one Saturday morning I don't check the Klipsch board and a beautiful piece of equipment like this appears and disappears before my eyes. Craig and I have been discussing the 299B as a mate to my '68 K-horns, so this was a perfect opportunity. Oh well, there will be others.

On a serious note, hope everything goes well with your daughter Dean. May she have a speedy and complete recovery. Family is certainly the most important thing in our lives. Glad you were able to find buyers for your items.