Where is the cheapest place to buy klipsch speakers?

ennessex

ennessex ,

Age old question....if your buying new and want the warranty go to a dealer near you for the secuity.

If your buying old, try ebay, or just surf the stores on the web, looking at their return policy....(i go by the adage that if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is!). You know what you can afford, and dealing with a local dealer lets you listen to the product, as opposed to buying blind. (Not trying to start a Flame here.....) IMO. Good luck.

I noticed on your other post you bought from j & r. They seem to have good prices/service....so you know where that road leads you.....

Thanks Bill,

But I've been noticing that the price of Klipsch speakers vary so much on the internet. Again, the credibility might be questionable of the retailer but if someone from this forum had a good experience with them, I'd be willing to try also. I'm actually searching for new rf-5 speakers with warranty at the cheapest price available and was just hoping......that maybe someone had a good idea where that might be.

J and R doesn't sell Klipsch...wadda bummer

ennessex ,

From the quick research I just did, the prices Generally are runing in the 1,049.00 range for a pair + shipping.(Accoustics Design). Are you near a dealer to compare prices with- or have you dealt with one enough that they would give you a Good price, realizing they need to make a profit. + you'd avoid the shipping hassles on the Big units! Hope this helps Bill H.

****Go on into GG's and find the Manager, tell him your ready to buy Today! Have them give you their lowest price...be prepared to walk out.

I'm actually going to goodguys right now to see what kind of deal they can offer me. Over the phone they quoted me 750 for one....so that equates to 1500 for two..Thats almost 500 difference in price from the online etailer.

When you consider the price from an online seller, be sure to factor in the shipping charge. Some places (CrazyEddie comes to mind) has really low prices, but makes up for them with crazy shipping charges. The cheapest online prices that I found were www.brandnamez.com

Thanks guys...I've personally never heard of tweeters but now I'm on a mission to find one. The lowest price from an semi legitmate online etailer that I've been able to find is at goodguys.com and they got the

rf-5 for 1350 plus shippping and tax.

Ok...tweeters does not have any more new klipsch rf5's. They are selling the demos for 475 per speaker and 5 year warranty still applies.

Interestingly, one of the salesmen said he happened to have a pair of brand new RF-5s for sale at $950.

What do you guys think I should do? Buy the demo speakers at tweeters for 950 or buy a "supposedly new" pair of speakers from the sales guy. Need advice. Thanks

I had to read the post twice...your talking about two different stores? If not I would adk for the manager and discuss the deal with him.... Why buy demo stuff for the same price as new? Both come with warranty, but I'd be afraid of the demos if I could not hear/see them first........jmho.... whats the shipping costs.........?

Sorry Bill for the confusion. Let me clarify. When I called tweeters, the sales rep told me that Tweeters does not have any more new rf-5's in inventory. Only the demos are available now for 475.

However, he happened to mention that he had a new pair of rf-5's at his apartment that were "brand new" and willing to part for 950.

My line of thinking was the demos are backed by the store (tweeters) and the manufacturer but used...whereas buying from the individual, the warranty might be covered by the manufacturer (I'm not sure if Klipsch covers speakers sold through an unauthorized dealer...in this case an individual) but it is "new."

Any advice?

Actually, I would go to the store and pick up the speakers...so no shipping charge.

But I'm also interested in the guys speakers because if they are actually really new then it would be a bargain. He said they are in the box, never used with all the papers.

Also, doesn't Klipsch have a warranty on the speakers for 5 years no matter where they are purchased?

Only thru an authorized dealer....i.e. Store, not individual sales. The salesman selling (his)? set out of his house, reminds me of Justins episode out side of a store he was going to visit? Holy grey mkt batman....

Check out the stores speakers and see first if you like em...if not and hes close , i guess it doesn't hurt to at least look...you can always say no...But something in the way the salesman presented his sales makes me wary... Just my feelings. Good Luck .

Thanks Bill for all your help. I've decided I'm not even going to look at the sales guy's personal stash. I found a authorized dealer who's willing to sell the rf5's for 1000. This way I don't have any risk and they will be new speakers.

Soon to be klipsch owner!

----------------

On 5/8/2003 7:20:49 PM Bill H. wrote:

Your welcome....I only wish others had been able to chime in with comments.

Good Luck and of course take pic's and post when you get them....

----------------

This is probably too late, but the RF-5s I have are the floor models from the Tweeter here in F'burg! I picked up the pair for $900. I looked them over thoroughly. One speaker had a dented cone. Both of the grills each had a broken pin - we glued one pin back on, but the other pin was actually missing. We could not find it. They were going to originally ask for $1000, but I told them, not with the damage that I have seen. They let them go for the $900. For that, I figured I could live with the dented cone and broken grill pin - considering that it was all cosmetic anyway, and did not effect the performance of the speaker. Hell, the speakers were going to be used as surrounds anyway. The same store offered me the floor model RF-7s for a shade over $1300! I was sooo tempted, but I just simply did not have the space, nor the extra $420. Looking back, now a few months ago, I still think I should have taken the '7s. Cie la vie!

To get to the point - it may have been worth to go the Tweeter and at least look at the speakers they were offering up. Well, if you could get a brand-new, boxed pair w/ warrentee for an extra $50, than go for that.

• 5 weeks later...

with out a doubt the cheapest place to get them is soundcity. Go on the net find the absolute lowest price and they will beat it i got my sf-2 for 400 bucks a pair not to bad really that was awhile back to. I told them crazy eddies price they beat it with shipping. Ask for Rich hes a real nice guy. But you need to look around on the net to find a low price to prove it. I tried that with crazy eddie with soundcity price they said they couldnt beat it. They couldnt verify i was getting it that cheap.Thats because i had soundcity beat their price. I tried the old switch a rue back and forth till i got the right price. Dont ever pay what their asking for this my advise that i learned over the years.Been ripped off to many times on retail.The only place ever to pay retail is crutchfield because the service is worth the peace of mind i had speakers blow two years after i purchased them and they replaced them with new ones very impressed with them.