My example of a FAQ or "Greatest Hits" outline

As Dean suggested in the "newbie" thread a FAQ might be of value based on all the great content already on this forum. Here is an example of an outline and organization of links to threads that many may want to review. It would be great if others could add more links and build this out.

This is just an example.

KLIPSCH FORUM 2-CHANNEL BOARD GREATEST HITS

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Speakers Families

Comparisons between families (ie Ref vs Heritage)

i. Cornwalls vs Belles

ii. Ref vs Classic vs Heritage

Used prices

Decoding Dates from Serial Numbers

Heritage (Klipschorn, Belle, LaScala, Cornwall, Heresy)

i. Mobile Homeless Cornwall Review

ii. 1985 Stereophile review of Cornwalls

Reference

Classic

Synergy

Mods (Odds & Mods board)

Cross Overs

Cabinets

Cables

Audio Theory and Setup

Speaker placement

Electronics

Tubes vs Solid State

Tubes

i. Integrated amps

1. Scott

2. EICO

a. EICO HF81 Mod

3. Other

a. Dynaco Mark III Dale Walkers chrome beauties

ii. Amps

1. Welborne Labs Moondogs

2. SET

3. Other

a. Amps under $1k

b. Push-Pull vs SET (Cyrus Brennaman designed EL34 based 15/15 watt stereo amplifier)

c. Tube amp suggestions

d. Antique Sound Labs AV-8 Wave

iii. Preamps

1. Preamp gain, Another on Preamp Gain

2. Mobiles used preamp suggestions under $1k

3. 12AU7 vs 6SN7

SS

i. Integrated amps

ii. Amps

1. McIntosh

a. How does the MC40 compare to 30 or 225?

iii. Preamps

CD Players

Turntables

i. Mobile on vinyl :

SACD & DVD-A

i. MaxGs comments on SACD

Power requirements

Multi-purpose electronics (HT surround sound & 2-channel)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

----------------

On 5/28/2003 6:36:03 PM kjohnsonhp wrote:

I'm still thinking this is a good idea...maybe I'm off base, but the idea of a greatest hits seems useful. I just don't want to read through all the threads looking for the gems.

----------------

Just put "deang" in your buddy list and you will never have a problem finding gems. 9.gif9.gif

----------------

On 5/10/2003 9:36:26 PM kjohnsonhp wrote:

As Dean suggested in the "newbie" thread a FAQ might be of value based on all the great content already on this forum. Here is an example of an outline and organization of links to threads that many may want to review. It would be great if others could add more links and build this out.

----------------

I'd be happy to add my solitary post of possible value, to go under either Heritage or Mods -- Restoring the standard bass horn throat in a '62 pair of Klipschorns

Also, with all the interest and the many threads, I wonder if there shouldn't be either a FAQ thread or a category on music in your outline. Not being familiar with non-classical, I'll just suggest this one classical thread by Boomac as a possible starter until we see how it goes: Help with Classical Music choices. There are scads of classical threads to choose from.

K, adding to your original post will be difficult. Only you can edit it, and using the "Quote" function in a reply reveals a vast number of codes that make it hard to find particular titles. There is also the logistical problem of dealing with lots of people's additions.

If this idea takes off, perhaps Klipsch should create a separate "FAQ" forum, and have a separate thread for each major category in your outline. Thanks for bringing back your great idea.

Larry

I tried a complex post once, called it Cornwall Mods Glossary, wherein I tried to collect all the various mods all the members knew in a single thread. Perhaps this approach could work for your idea.

It is a vastly complex topic, complicated further by our incongruous ideas on topics such as wire guage, SET vs SS, HT practice, etc.

Possibly create a master appendix, then a thread for each topic. Members could post to the threads, STAYING STRICTLY ON TOPIC, so as not to add undue searching later. If enough members agree to work with this, perhaps we could get a Forum SubTitle strictly for the FAQ area, possibly with a 'panel' of 'experts' (very loose term 'round these parts') to edit and append the FAQ column.

Michael