My girlfriends dad is a huge audiophile...

JasN00b

I walk into the house, and am greated by a pair of $18k Dunlavy speakers which are taller than me in a listening room...

walk past the study and.. *BAM* some B&W bookshelf speakers on stands powered by a nice SS amp...

Then into the basement... next to the pool table are some Klipsch Fortes.. powered by a tube amp...

then into the other part of the basement... a RPTV so big i cant reach my arms across it(this was thier smaller TV that her younger brother uses for vid games)... and a Paradigm 4.0 setup w/ a Maranetz reciever.

It was quite an experience... i'm gonna marry me this girl >=)

i didnt get to hear any speakers but the Paradigm/Klipsch.. next time i go i'm gonna ask him to let me hear the Dunlavys >=)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 5/11/2003 1:17:06 PM JasN00b wrote:

I walk into the house, and am greated by a pair of $18k Dunlavy speakers which are taller than me in a listening room...

walk past the study and.. *BAM* some B&W bookshelf speakers on stands powered by a nice SS amp...

Then into the basement... next to the pool table are some Klipsch Fortes.. powered by a tube amp...

then into the other part of the basement... a RPTV so big i cant reach my arms across it(this was thier smaller TV that her younger brother uses for vid games)... and a Paradigm 4.0 setup w/ a Maranetz reciever.

It was quite an experience... i'm gonna marry me this girl >=)

i didnt get to hear any speakers but the Paradigm/Klipsch.. next time i go i'm gonna ask him to let me hear the Dunlavys >=)
----------------

Hey, sounds like the girl to hook up with. Daddy can buy you guys a car and cover the down payment.2.gif

J/M.... While you may not be ready for it (I don't think I would either), you can try to have fun with it. You can play the part of the mean intimidating father figure. I am lucky, I produced two boys. Not sure I could handle mini versions of my wife.9.gif

----------------

On 5/12/2003 11:00:33 AM j-malotky wrote:

Congrats on the new girl.

So now I have this picture in my head of when my daughter starts to date, binging home some pimple faced hormone machine who won't stop touching my daughter or my gear.

Im not ready for that...

JM
----------------

Well, I would date your daughter to get my hands on your audio gear, but I think you go to jail for that sort of stuff nowdays 9.gif

----------------

On 5/12/2003 12:48:38 PM kenratboy wrote:
Well, I would date your daughter to get my hands on your audio gear, but I think you go to jail for that sort of stuff nowdays
9.gif

----------------

Yup. I have a buddy who is doing 7 years in the pokey for alegidly touching his 17 year old step daughters boob and attempting to kiss her. It's the saddest thing I have ever seen a friend go through. He was a very sucessfull software engineer, had a nice home, nice family and lost it all.

While he was out of jail between his initial arrest and his trail, he got his wife pregnant with their second child (she had two from a previous marrage, they had one together before this incident). She has since moved back to Texas and he has never seen his new baby, nor will he be able to. Apparently he is not aloud to see any of his children he had with her until the children are 18 years old.

You don't "F" around with underage people in the state of Oregon. There is absolutly "NO" forgivness in this state for those actions. He does not get any good time behavior benifits, no parole nothing. He is stuck there for 7 years. That is unless he gets a re-trial and or the state lets him out early due to budget cuts from our our crumbling state economy.

You guys who are in that age group where a 17 year old girl seems like fair play, yet you are 18 or over.... Heed my warning, it's not worth it...

As a matter of fact, my wife wanted to help out her niece. Her step sisters daughter. Whom, is a wild thing, that my wife knows practically nothing about. She was thinking of having her come live with us to some degree. After seeing what my buddy went through and how just aligations got him where he is today, I told her absolutly, there is no way in hell she is coming to stay with us. My mind was made up, there was no way at all she was going to stay with us. I even called my wifes mother and bruitly made my point very clear. No sir, m00n is not going to the pokey and loosing my family because some troubled teen gets angry with me and decides to accuse me of something that did not happen.

I even went as far to tell my wife that when she comes over, just to visit for a day that there was going to be no way in hell I would be left at home alone with her. If my wife leaves and her neice is there, her neice leaves with her.

It's not going to be long before a pickup lines ends with "...let me see you ID baby."

What pisses me off is you have some guy going around RAPING (literally) LITTLE kids and they spend a few months in jail, get released, and do it again. Then there is a story like yours.

For people in my age range (~18), I think a good law would be you can be with some that might be 2, 3 years younger than you. So if you 16, you can be with a 14 year old, if your 18, you can be with a 16 year old. Not on moral issues, just to keep people from getting their lives F'ed up. I mean, most guys are a year or two older than their wives, so it seems like it should be OK to do now - but obviously most people that hook up in high school don't get married.

----------------

Congrats on the new girl.

So now I have this picture in my head of when my daughter starts to date, binging home some pimple faced hormone machine who won't stop touching my daughter or my gear.

Im not ready for that...

JM

----------------

lol i am not a pimple faced hormone machine! i'm hurt! >=)

her dad thinks i'm cool 12.gif

----------------

On 5/12/2003 11:55:30 AM m00n wrote:

J/M.... While you may not be ready for it (I don't think I would either), you can try to have fun with it. You can play the part of the mean intimidating father figure. I am lucky, I produced two boys. Not sure I could handle mini versions of my wife.
9.gif

----------------

My wife tells me that when she was in High school, Her father was always be cleaning his guns when boys would come over to pick her or her sister up for dates.

Ive only got one daughter, the other 2 are boys. My oldest son is 10. The other night at dinner he asks. "Dad, whats a VIRGIN" I told him we would discuss that later, not at the dinner table.

I am so not ready for my kids to grow up.

JM

----------------

On 5/12/2003 2:44:24 PM kenratboy wrote:

----------------

her dad thinks i'm cool
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/12.gif">
----------------

BIG plus
2.gif

----------------

heh.. i think hes impressed by my musical knowledge >=)

my next plan is to show up one morning and give his car a good once over, change the oil, check tire pressures... and then mow his lawn, refuse money.. and leave >=)

Jas, make sure you get in good with mom.

JM, I am also with you. My 7yo. daughter comes home the other day and asks what sex is, and is it a bad word? Of course my wife and I at the same time ask why she wants to know. Seems one of the boys in class, 2nd. grade told her it was and too look it up in the teachers dictionary. The teacher found out and told her to ask her parents (thanks a lot). We sidesteped and told her it meant boy or girl and she seemed satisfied. I expect the answers to get harder.

My favorite story about dads and dates, it where the dad tosses a bullet to his daughter's date and says if he messes with his daughter the next one will come a lot faster!

I think that if my daughter's dates (when the time comes) can't identify all the audio and video equipment by model and date manufactured, they might as well leave now.

Ahh... it must be nice to have a girlfriend... 8.gif15.gif *sigh*

I wouldn't know really... my last gf and I really did not agree. There was an age difference which didn;t affect us in the beginning but she just kept doing stupid immature things... and I am NOT ONE for immaturity. I hate it with every shred of my being. Now... I am alone and bored... nothing to do... school is almost over and I don't hardly care enough to try anymore. I have liked this one girl for years (I mean, more than 4...) and have nver told her... about the time I decide to tell her, she is with someone else and she hasn't had a bf in forever... (again, at least 3+ years)........... I feel alone and sad. Nothing has gone well today... I could barely play my trumpet in band. I think I will go sleep to pass the time... forget homework today.

trespasser_guy,

What the hell man! Why? Just why in the hell do you want a girlfriend right now? Dude, enjoy your youth and hang with your buddies. You need to listen to Tom Leykis and his Leykis 101 class. I don't buy into everything he says, but, he does have some very good advice on some issues. One of them being, you are too young to worry about having a girlfriend. Date, but don't worry about having a commitment with anyone right now. Focus on your schooling and like I said, your buds. Not chicks... There will be many Many MANY years ahead of you to worry about da girls. Get through high school, get in a good collge and then girls. I am assuming you have a good hand right? That is the only girlfriend you need right now. Cheer up bucko. 1.gif

----------------

On 5/12/2003 11:30:34 PM m00n wrote:

trespasser_guy,

What the hell man! Why? Just why in the hell do you want a girlfriend right now? Dude, enjoy your youth and hang with your buddies. You need to listen to Tom Leykis and his Leykis 101 class. I don't buy into everything he says, but, he does have some very good advice on some issues. One of them being, you are too young to worry about having a girlfriend. Date, but don't worry about having a commitment with anyone right now. Focus on your schooling and like I said, your buds. Not chicks... There will be many Many MANY years ahead of you to worry about da girls. Get through high school, get in a good collge and then girls. I am assuming you have a good hand right? That is the only girlfriend you need right now. Cheer up bucko.
1.gif
----------------

Agreed, at this point (still immature 2.gif ), most girls are SUPER hi mantinence and will stab you in the back when they are done with you instead of just breaking it off. Anyway, to me, cars, audio, etc.>women. 3.gif

My friends all have girlfirends... and they have no time for me, so I have no one to hang with. My usual night consists of staring at this forum, the DIYaudio forum, HeadWize, and Head-Fi. That is all I can do to pass the time... posting is slowing down... things to do are running out. I just need someone to talk to that is near me and actually cares... (hard to find at my school- I am not well liked, though I am at the same time. It is a very complex situation. They all like me but won't talk to me... I dunno...) time for class now.

----------------

On 5/13/2003 12:13:39 PM trespasser_guy wrote:

My friends all have girlfirends... and they have no time for me, so I have no one to hang with. My usual night consists of staring at this forum, the DIYaudio forum, HeadWize, and Head-Fi. That is all I can do to pass the time... posting is slowing down... things to do are running out. I just need someone to talk to that is near me and actually cares... (hard to find at my school- I am not well liked, though I am at the same time. It is a very complex situation. They all like me but won't talk to me... I dunno...) time for class now.

----------------

>=(

trust me.. girlfriends arent THAT wonderful, although normal friends are.. find one or two good ones you're all set.

fortunatly for me i'm insanely well liked... and was blessed with 3 people that i could tell ANYTHING to. although for a while, i couldnt confide in anyone at all.. that was painful. then a kid moved here (i'm pretty sure god worked that out) and i could really talk to him.. ah yes...

TPG.. you dont have anyone that you can confide in?

Really, no. If I tell anyone anything, it gets to someone who shouldn't hear it. My ex-gf... I would tell her something and the next day I would hear man I heard what you said about this or that... my gf! She was untrustworthy, immature, and to top it all off, she was not intelligent at all. I generally look for intelligence in a person because the first two items listed generally are minimized in an intelligent person. She is the worst person I know. Had I known more about her (I was under the impression she was intelligent when I met her and was around her at first) I would have seen the mistake I was making when I began my relationship with her. I cannot believe I was too blind to see all that was going on. I think very strongly that she was cheating on me while we were together... and this is strange because I DID NOT treat her bad whatsoever. She was talking to two of my friends (my best friend and his gf) and said I was mean to her and my friend's gf went off on her. Well, that relationship is over and was a waste of my time. I really don't have any time to talk to friends... they all have gf's and spend all their time with them. I see them... and they are happy. I have never really been happy and just really wish I could be. I spend every penny I can get my hands on on audio stuff and electronics stuff so that I can have something new and feel kind of good about it. Well... when it comes to electronics, I have a high failure rate, so I get further dissapointed in myself. I don't have enough caring anymore to even try on anything. To be honest, I don't care about school anymore... I just want to get through each day so I can go to sleep and not be able to think. I hope each night that I won't have any good dreams so I won't have anything to be unhappy about the next day when I realize I was just dreaming. And even now I am mad... our marching band leadership team met... the team has been changed A LOT and is now mostly freshmen, all of which want to march a theme show next year. Marching band is the only school thing I care about... and they are going to screw it up. It will be my senior year, and I know a lot of seniors who want it to be a great year with difficult music and great marching- much like a DCI. But, no... we are going to do themes... I may even quit, despite being on the leadership council because I will not sit by and just waste my senior year. I would rather not march than march a show where I know I won't have my heart completely in it because then the band would suffer as well. And, I get home and tell my mom this, and she argues MY opinion with me... and why I feel this way... and just WILL NOT let up until it is my fault that I don't want to march a theme show. So... I am not feeling great right now. I am tired of all this...

well i dont know if the idea appeals to you, but if you want to talk about something to someone who will listen and relate, you can drop me a line..AIM or whatever.. anything you say to me would stay with me and it might feel good to get some stuff out eh?

just trying to help.

i'm StevieRayDude on AIM