ksw12

hbyc

I'm considering buying a sub .I personally think the ksw12 will fit me well.

but as you know .some of the users keep complaining about the fuse. I am an audiophile from china. If it burned, where would I buy the fuse?Absolutely nowhere.By the way, is klipsch popular in USA? and is the ksw12 a good sub?

Before you make your final decision check out www.svsubwoofers.com and check out what they got. I just ordered my SVS and from what I've heard, these subwoofers are a pretty good deal for how they perform. I'm sure the plenty SVS sub owners here will confirm this.

the ksw will dissapoint you if you are an audiophile like you say. it is by no means "audiophile" level. you would be much better suited with a RSW series, or if you have the money, something like the velodyne HGS-18. what are your other speakers. oh, and by the way, klipsch is a very popular speaker manufacturer in the united states.

What are your main speakers you're matching the sub with? To me this would be a primary consideration when choosing a sub, also the size of the room it will be in.

KSWs are not audiophile subs, more like "beginner's" subs. I would consider them GOOD beginner's subs. With some EQ they can be pretty decent. I have a KSW-15 and after some equalization to get rid of it's tendency towards "boominess" it turned out to be a much better sub than the "unequalized" version.

For the price per dB (bang per buck) they are decent.2.gif

Thank you a lot for all your information. To tell you the truth, I do know ksw12 is not the sub for an audiophile,while the rsw series are.Velodyne is just a dream in my life( The price is too much for me,and I haven't seen any of them in my country,only on books).Right now I have 2 sets of stereos, one for music(amp is onkyo,loudspeakers are Rogers from the UK), the other is for home theater. The av amp is a sony and main speakers are Dali 104 from Denmark.(double 6.5" bass).I once considered DAli's sub swa12(www.dali.dk). But its a sealed sub. which I am afraid it is more suitable for music instead of home theater. To me, the ideal sub should be durable and the price can't be too high(at most 500 us dollars), and it should be "fast" enough.Is the ksw 12 the one I am lookink for? By the way, is it made in USA? Why can't I see the logo MADE IN USA? or is it assembled in Mexico? Still waiting for your anwsers. Thanks a lot.

Yu,

Finding fuses is very simple,the fuses used in Klipsch subs are standard fare and I have no doubt you can find a fuse in any electronic store.

As for the fuse burning,I had a KSW12 for a few years and never had even one issue with the fuse,I did push the KSW12 to near it limits a few times.

SVS...not practical where you are.SVS is based in the USA and shipping would render even the least expensive SVS way more expensive then the KSW12.If you live in the USA or Canada...even Mexico the SVS is a deal.When you have to ship a large box half way around the world ...its much less of a great deal.

Yu,

Also

"To me, the ideal sub should be durable and the price can't be too high(at most 500 us dollars), and it should be "fast" enough.Is the ksw 12 the one I am lookink for?"

No the KSW series are not what I call very musical

Try to get a RSW10 at a good price,this little sub is VERY MUSICAL and all parts are of high quality.The cabinet is quite inert,as compared to the near cardboard KSW cabinet.

Also take a lookand listen to the Polk Audio 650,a great sub.Built like a tank with solid and musical bass.It goes quite deep and has great output.

I would avoid Yamaha's subs like the pest,some reach quite low but are as powerful as a flea.

JM Lab is priced well above the price point you set,JBL does not make anyting worthy here(unless you go up in $$$),Klipsch ...yes if you can wait for the new subs.

M&K great products,but you need to fork at least $800-1000 to get the real M&K.The $400-500 subs they make are not subs but bass modules...good sounding bass modules for micro monitors deprived of any bass.

Wait for the upcoming Klipsch subs,I am quite sure these will best the current KSW line by a good deal and cost about the same.

Dont rush,rushing may leave you with a sub standard sub.

Hey Ear, i'm looking for a sub for my room, have you heard this one or know anything of it? It's retail is $500, but I found brand new at same place for $350.:

----------------

Hey is there an Ultimate Electronics near you? I have a nice hookup there and could get you a sub at just over cost. With tax I paid about $230 for my KSW12.

• 2 weeks later...