1960 walnut Klipschorns on eBay, Portland Oregon area

Parrot

Yea i had a feeling the age would effect the sale, most people think, well there 43 years old how long will they last, they have been updated, in the mid section, K-55-V driver looks to be the first one LOL!

JC turbo, they are Type B solid core, built very well, just like my 75s, and Jhawks 68s!

Yours are type B as well!

Arent they? LOL

I hope all goes well, on getting them home, just an idea, what are you selling to get them?

Regards Jim9.gif

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim-

For starters I'll be selling my '77 Belles. I have one local Forum member who contacted me first, so he will probably see them tomorrow. Then I have to get info to Frzninvt who asked for info second. I'll get the details to you third if you are curious about them. If none of those result in a sale I'll post all the details on the Forum for anyone else that might be interested.

There may be two other Klipsch items that go up for sale, but I have to follow up with two Forum people that I promised first shot, before I open it up on those items.

I'll keep you posted.

Best,

triceratops

triceratops

"lynnm-

I'm just glad that guy in Kelowa didn't totally blow it with you! You would have blasted me out of the water with a $3.5K bid. I feel they were definitely worth it, but I just put in my absolute max and hoped for the best. "

We are both damned lucky that I didn't totally lose it with that Kelowna Klown and bid the $3.5K. because I suspect that relations would have become rather strained here at the old homestead.

I am listening to Louis and Duke via my horns as I type this. You're going to love your '60s. The amazing thing is that your wife will love them after she recovers from the shock of seeing their sheer size. Get them into their corners - light up her favorite recording and once she is able to close her jaw give her a kiss. Follow that up the next day with flowers and a thank you card ! Trust Me !!

Lynnm-

That's about were I figured they would end up. Granted most yahoos on eBay would think that 43yo speakers weren't worth it, but those of us here on the forum, posters and lurkers alike, know better. But, hey, all the better for triceratops. That has to be one of the better eBay deals as of late. Glad you are enjoying your horns. I figure this weekend, with all the rain we'll have here in New England, I'll be playing the tunes on mine too.