yet another tube giveaway

sunnysal

The Dynacos were packed away in jeff´s amp crate last night (nice crate) and after packing a few tubes so that the amp can be run at some later date if needed I have a few EL34s and 7199 sitting around if someone wants them.

the 4 spare EL34s (labeled 6CA7) are from richardson electronics but are marked "made in Germany", siemens? and three of the 7199s are JAN-philips 1 7199 is labeled "dynaco made in USA".

they all were used in my amps (not NOS hide-a-way treasures but are great sounding tubes in in excellent condition. I will not charge anything for the tubes, just charge for the shipping, whatever that may be quoted to the eventual recipient (about $30 via UPS to the states).

I would prefer to ship them to someone new to Dynacos who has not amassed a large collection of tubes as of yet, just the standard sovtek complement. these give a taste of big time NOS for relatively little cost.

post or mail me (forget PM I have problems with the b-board mail system) if you want them, tell me how you do not have a huge collection for your dynaco, etc. and they will be on the way to you lickety-split.

warm regards, tony

Hello Tony. It is very gracious & cool of you to help out a lucky fellow Klipsch enthuisiast with

the give away of your tubes. I have no need for them. But I just wanted to say I think it is a very noble gesture. Your new 2A3 amp is beautiful. Jeff is a master craftsman in my opinion.He takes pride in his work & it shows.

Regards, Mike

Hi Sunnysal,

I agree to that this is a very generous offer. I have just recently purchased a ST-70 from Craig at NOSvalve's, The amp works great and I'm still learning about which tubes are which. I don't have any spares and don't even know If they would be the right ones for my situation, I'm assuming a ST-70 is a ST-70 so the tubes should be interchangeable. Anyway If someone else needs the tubes just to get there's going by all means please let them have them, but If nobody else chimes In I'd love to have them. Thanks

Craig

mike, so many people have been kind to me here at the b-board with both audio items (the 6CA7s were actually a gift from Randy Bey!) and advice that I think it behoves us all to share...

craig, unless he modded the st-70 in some these tubes would be fine for it, what tubes does it have now? (these may not be an improvement over what you use now). If these are better, I would be pleased to send you the 6CA7s and a pair of 7199s...that would leave one dynaco 7199 and another phillips 7199 for someone else. let me know what you run now and we can move forward, tony

Sunnysal, Here's what I can make out. There are 3 SVETLANA EL34, 1 EL34 with a symbol that appears to be a circle with an C or O in the middle. 1 SOVTEK 54R4 and 3 smaller tubes on the card, all I can make out there is ECC80 or ECC86. Maybe you can tell me exactally what I have.

Craig

well my tubes will be an improvment over the sovtek el34s, at least they were in my system. send me your address and I will send them out monday. I will check on the input tubes...ECC or ECG? an ECC88 is a popular mod to st-70 it is a 6922 NOT equivalent to my 7199...I think an ECC801 or 80 is a 12AT7 equivalent also NOT a 7199 and a ECC86 is a dual triode 6463 NOT a 7199...try to figure out what it reads...tony

I think NOSValves used the Curcio upgrade board on that, which, from the Curcio web site:

"Accepts 6922, 6DJ8, 7308, 6FQ7/6CG7, and 6N1P."

The 7199 tube is from the original design, which is what mine still uses (at the moment). I just haven't gotten around to doing an upgrade on mine yet. It needs to be totally gone over before I fire it up again. Mine isn't one of the originals though. The circuit board is glass epoxy and not the paper/phenolic like the first ones. The transformer leads are also not cloth covered.

Marvel

I am sure NOSvalves will enlighten us this weekend but I suspect he modded the st-70 for the 6922s and thus will not take a 7199...we will see what he says and I will send either the 6CA7s or both Monday, don´t forget to e-mail your address and phone number so I can get the UPS guys rolling...regards, tony

Hey for some reason I've been not able to access the forum 3 times this week. This time was since last night !!

Anyway Craig's amp has Svetlana EL-34 matched Quad NOT Sovteks.

The EL-34 Sunny has could or might sound better than the Sxetlana's. The front End board uses 6922, 6N1P, 7308, 6DJ8, or 6CG7 . The amp now has a nice set of brand new Bugle boy NOS 6DJ8's so he is pretty much set there.

I would love for Craig to get these West German EL-34 and see if he can hear a difference between them and the Svetlana's . He can always forward the 7199 to me I can give them to whatever forum member sends me a Amp that uses them !!

Craig

Craig ,

Yes you can pull the tubes out but make sure you put them back in the same spot and you will not have to bias or rebalance. DO NOT SWAP the spots on any of the front end tubes I would not change these unless they wear out. I have the AC balance set to perfection with those tubes !!

Just take one tube out at a time if you want to look at them.

Craig

bkrop,

I'm not sure the guy is going to come thru with the deal (he maybe having sellers remoarse). He keeps changing like the wind and hasn't sent me a total shipped. I hope so I would like to have a nice 299C in my livingroom again. The LK-72 mated real well with the RF-3s

Craig

Since shipping will not be so cheap I will send all the tubes to craig and he can then forward the 7199s within the US (which will be cheap I assume) to those who want them (NOSValves could take them and distribute them, as he says, to the needy)...I got your address craig and will send the tubes on Monday via UPS. For now I am having fun swapping rectifiers in my PP amp...with such a simple circuit you hear every change in tubes...amazing! tony