Tumult Review

jstanton8

Yet another "review" with plenty of ITS GREAT,ITS HITS HARD and no real numbers like output limits at 80Hz,70Hz down to 10Hz.

Not too interesting these raves,its not surprising a sub built around a mighty Tumult driven even by low cost pro amp delivers.The question is ...I WANT SERIOUS NUMBERS not rave opinions.

If anyone wants to build a sub in the same vein as the B4-Plus using 4 Tumullts and does serious tests then I will rush and order four online and build the cabinet.

If I go DIY I want performance much greater then a B2 or Revel B15.It has to be earth moving

I guess my next logical step up is a B4-Plus

I've checked over at the Home Theater Forum, and so far they're telling me nobody's got numbers yet for the Tumult, that "that sort of thing takes time." People are just barely starting to get their Tumults from Adire and some don't even have enclosures/amps yet. Looks like we're just gonna have to hold our horses for awhile, Ear...8.gif

I dont know for SURE if Im gonna get the Tumult yet, Im not TOTALY decided. I dont know now which one to choose between the Stryke HE15 and the Tumult. The TC Sound HE15 driver seems to be very impressive but it would require that I build a bigger enclosure and this is not what I really want + Stryke doesnt have a lot of them in stock. But since a few weeks I had just the Tumult in my thoughts, I was thinking of making a 2.5 cubic ft sealed enclosure first with it so this is probably the woofer I will get with a 1000W plate amp. BE SURE that I will post numbers as soon as I will get my sub completed and since I have a Hsu VTF-3 subwoofer, I will as well compare my DIY sub against it. I will even post some pictures if you wish and I can make some videos which show the sub when it is playing 3.gif However, I dont have so many DVDs (I just have Tombraider) for making a complete review which show a subwoofer performance in a HT environment but I have many style of music so I will try to answer all your questions as much as I can 2.gif

It seems that Adire Audio begin to be able to have more Tumult because they have less problems with their fabs. Well this is what Ive seen somewhere in a certain forum so this is a good news for us who wait impatiently for our Tumults. I expect that my sub will be completed during July... still take this info with a grain of salt but this is very probable. I PROMISE you that I will keep you posted on this and on the HTF forum too 1.gif For now, just sit on your chair and stop to cry! 11.gif

It's a shame people are still waiting on their Tumult and there is already a Tumult killer coming!! There is discussion on it on the home theater forum in the DIY section. For the same money I'd rather have one of those. Especially after all the delays with the Tumult.

This is the thread address: www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threaded=140430. sorry I could't get the link to paste. He has pictures of the prototype and it is huge. Pretty interesting thread. Funny thing is these people over there are trying to get info from Dan Wiggins on the Tumult with no results, Yet he posts on this thread. Go to Home theater forum under the DIY section Thread about the 18 incher

Its not a real killer if its MIA. LOL

I too have designed a massive 24" woofer with linear of 50mm one way,triple stacked 1.5" high,12" diameter magnets.A beefy 6" VC with over 5KW RMS capability,20KW short term(peaks).You know it features TheEAR's patented XBLEAR technology for hyper throws with almost no distortion.You know just to say it will be called the 24 EarBuster and it can be pre ordered NOW!

Just send me 1999USD plus $69 for shipping. 2.gif

Oh and do not ask me for pictures or proof.Have faith

10.gif

Its not a real killer if its MIA. LOL

I too have designed a massive 24" woofer with linear of 50mm one way,triple stacked 1.5" high,12" diameter magnets.A beefy 6" VC with over 5KW RMS capability,20KW short term(peaks).You know it features TheEAR's patented XBLEAR technology for hyper throws with almost no distortion.You know just to say it will be called the 24 EarBuster and it can be pre ordered NOW!

Just send me 1999USD plus $69 for shipping. 2.gif

Oh and do not ask me for pictures or proof.Have faith

10.gif

Dustin PREORDER YOURS NOW!WIth this woofer you will put all my current subs six feet under. 1.gif

Krew,

I saw that in the HTF forum, what you said. But I guess that it would require to build a bigger box and I want to build a small box. Think 2.5 cu ft for a sealed enclosure and 5 cu ft for a passive radiator enclosure. This wouldnt be possible with that monster! 6.gif I think that this is why some people including me, are waiting for their Tumult... because they want a smaller enclosure. Btw, I dont deny the fact that for the same price, you can have a monster! 2.gif

Your right on Fire Pinch. The beauty of the Tumult is the small enclosure you can use. I have got use to these two sonotube subs sitting behind the couch. Each one has a Bluprint 1803 in it. 1000 watts powering each. Trust me I have plenty of bass, but those new 18's look awful tempting. plus they will be built by TC sounds. Hope you get your Tumult soon. Everyone that have them love 'em.

" have got use to these two sonotube subs sitting behind the couch. Each one has a Bluprint 1803 in it. 1000 watts powering each. Trust me I have plenty of bass "

WHAT WHAT I CANT HEAR YA WITH ALL THIS DUAL BLUEPRINT 1803's 3.gif

I know behind the couch is not the best placement or is it? With two sonotubes, You don't have alot of options as far as placement. BUT with them there you really don't need bass shakers. You feel all the bass through the couch. One time I had several people over watching U571. I got me a small cup of water. When it got to the scene where the water starts shooting into the submarine, I threw the water on the guests for special effects. We all had a good laugh. We won't even talk about the duel of the dinasours scene in Jurassic Park 3. Everything in the house SHAKES.