The new kid on the block

thepogue

Oops...my bad. Thought you meant Acoustic Research. Oh well, it's a wonder "AR" didn't mean Audio Research (now that's nice gear). I also posted on AudioREVIEW.com some time ago, but it's not the same as it once was, so alas, I've found a new home here.

Nice equipment you have. Are those Red Rose monitors I see?

All we need now is cluless and the ro-tel amplifier to complete the system2.gif How do suppose the ro-tel would mate with the Sam Adams monopole studio master reference Ale?

The new kid on the block may be thinking "what the hell", but the ro-tel is a bit of a legend around here, as well as a cool inside joke9.gif

----------------

On 5/20/2003 7:14:46 PM thepogue wrote:

I'm a fire capt. and work 24 on 24 off so it'll be thursaday 'for i get them...

----------------

You, my friend, are truly a Hero in my eyes 1.gif. Since 9-11, I have had a whole new appreciaction for the fire department, police/sheriff department, and the EMT/paramedics/rescue squads and all the hours and dedication these folks put in as well as putting thier lives on the line just to keep our collective @$$es safe and out of trouble. I am just ski patrol over at Massanutten myself, so that is the closest I have come to being in any of the rescue/emergancy services. (along with my regular job as a software engineer)

And, man, some of the stories I bet you could tell.... Even on the ski patrol, I have seen things that just make you wonder...

I also want to extend my warm welcome. I am only about a 3 hour drive north of you myself here in Virginia.

Yes, I have loved being on this forum myself (and yes, sometimes its fun to stirrup a little trouble - hey that Paradigm thread was just like poking at a cat in a cage 11.gif).

Good luck with those new Fortes or Chorus (your initial description has me thinking they are the Chorus - which are the bigger speaker than the Forte)

Also, nice you have those other speakers - that shall also make for a valuable contributions since there are folks that come on here from time to time and want opinions on the other types and brands of speakers.

thanks again for the warm welcome! yea man your just up the road!! I alsways stop at the denny's when i zip through your home town! asa far as the speakers....does size really matter? (the man in me want to say "of course not!!") but we all know better!!..lmao...my speakers are about 3 1/5' high and I'm guessing 36" wide....'round there...I didnt realize by the picture the forte was smaller....once again nice meeting you and maybe we'll hook up some day for some CD spinnin' and beer tasting!! ;)

Peace, Pogue

----------------

On 5/21/2003 4:22:13 AM thepogue wrote:

thanks again for the warm welcome! yea man your just up the road!! I alsways stop at the denny's when i zip through your home town!

----------------

If you are talking about the Denny's on Rt 3 (off of Exit 130) - I live but maybe 1/4 mile from there! Shoot yea - the next time you know you are going to be through here - let me know. Also, the next time I take a cruise down to VA Beach towards your way, I'll let you know.

36" wide and 3' 1/5" tall those are too wide to be Forte's, Forte's are narrow maybe only 15" wide, they are indeed close to 3ft tall though, and maybe a little over a foot deep with a 12" woofer with an inverted rubber surround in the front and a 12" passive radiator in the back. Hmmm not you got us all wondering - what are they! and how much did you pick them up for?

i was just hunting and peckin' 'round a bit...do cornwalls have a rear woofer?...that's one thing i AM sure of...there's a rear driver...they really do look quite like the forte pci on this site...just seem (in my minds eye) wider than 16 5"...but you know the way your brain works...was I was hauling them out of the guys house i was so damned happy They seemed 5' tall!! lol

some had asked how much I paid....i really wanna save this for when i've got a bit more time...but i just checked on ebay and the Cavers (the 55 and 35) sold for a total of 900...I don't know what the Kilpsch are worth...but i'm already ahead of the game...more to come!

BTW love the sub and system to go wiff me Sams...lol

Pogue