Korato Amplification

korato

Nope, you meant me alright. My objection wasn't so much where you posted -- but what you were posting. It seems to be the pattern over in the General Forum -- a post dealing with a specific issue takes a bizarre turn and turns into a big long flaming thread. However, since your intention wasn't to start a nutty thread like that -- it's a mute point. Don't worry about.

At any rate -- still checking out the Korato stuff. This thread will eventually get back on track.

Guys, check out the KVP10 pre-amp. This is the one that TNT-audio feels is a great performer and value...should be competitive with new Cary which is higher price.

I look forward to your thoughts. Thanks for joining MaxG. There seems to be a good presence of Korato in Greece.

Thanks for the comments...that is the type of initial observations (design, parts, build quality) I was hoping to get.

To be clear I was focusing on the preamp (model 10) and the excitement was based on a US review commenting on the sound plus designers comment that at under $1kUS delivered the pre-amp was a great value compared to similar US options at higher prices.

Too bad we don't have a board on this forum for product testing w/Klipsch speakers and a panel of reviewers...

So what's the price breakdown for the tube amps, SS power amps and the pre-amps of this brand?

It seems to me once you factor in the shipping direct from

the manufacturer, with the price of the said component, then the screamin' deal would not seem so screamin'.

I would guess...

I tend to side with Mark, maybe the price is the real attraction with these products.