I Got to Crank my Heritage HT this Weekend! WOW!

Frzninvt

The wife and little girl were gone, the little old woman that lives across from me got in the car with her sister and took off. A light bulb went off above my head! "Golden Opportunity" so I loaded up a CD. Initially, I had both subwoofers turned off so I could hear how it sounded with just the Heritage Big Boys playing. I sat on the couch facing my center La Scala and keyed up track 1, I gradually brought the volume up on my Denon AVR-4800 -50, -45, -40, -35, as the volume increased the detail and impact sharpened, -30, -25, -20, -15, at this point the sound was tremendous, absolutely crystal clear and tight, no break up or distortion of any kind, -10, -08, Wow! It was loud - concert level - easily over the 120db range - the drum attacks were easily pegging the DBX 14/10's SPL meter @ 119db. At this point I quickly backed it down, looked outside to make sure the neighbor was still gone and tried another CD. Absolutely outstanding clarity to the point that it would give you goosebumps it sounded so good. Then I had to test a couple of DVD's, I turned on the DBX 3830 subwoofer and engaged the Velodyne F1500R and put in the XXX DVD, the opening scene was amazing, when he fires the cable into the door and slides down it I about jumped out of my skin. When Rammstein was rockin' the floors and walls were shaking and the flames from the pryotechnics sounded so real I could almost sense the heat. I had to do the avalanche scene of course, incredible to say the least. I played the first few minutes of T-2 as well, in the opening scene when the terminator crushes the skull under its foot I jumped off the couch a few inches. I am so amazed at the quality of this setup, even the little KG1's kept up with it all, no bottoming, break up or distortion at all. It was cool to actually see the big beautiful analog power meters on my DBX BX-3MkII amplifier moving past the halfway point on the scale. The DBX BX-2 subwoofer amp was working too, the meters were hitting into the 3/4 range. I am really suprised I did not kick out the circuit breakers with the kind of power demands that I placed on it. After playing it at those levels for a little bit I had the ringing in the ear thing going on so I decided to cool it. Boy was that fun though, I bet I had a look of disbelief on my face that a system could play that loud and not skip a beat. I certainly wish I could have shared that moment with a fellow audio person they would have been blown away. I think I have got the system to where I had always dreamed it would be. Now I can finish the bedroom system. 9.gif

I have the 4802 and they do sound better when you get it up to -10 and above. I have done the samething no meter though, but it was very loud. I always have to turn it down when the fishy tank water starts to come out the back. I am happy that you are so happy with your system. I on the other had am not.

Nice.

I get carried away with mine too sometimes. Ears ring for a bit afterward when I am home alone sometimes.

I just worry in a few years when my kids are teenagers and I have a system that will hurt you before you can hurt it.

JM

Frzninvt,

This is the Klipsch spirit.What I love about Klipsch its the lifelike dynamics and ability to let it rip with no worries about hurting any drivers from pushing the speakers too far.

The beauty of large(true)Klipsch is the efortless ability to play at insane levels with little to no sweat.With FOUR RF7's in a 14' x 10' room backed by dual RSW's and three Sunfires its so sweet at live levels,the ears leave before the systems is even pushed.And with dual ATI(1505 and 2505 power amps directing traffic its SPL to drive rats out).

Sometimes its just plain fun to get a punch in the chest when the drum kicks,physical 3D experience.Unlike the limited,unrealistic effect you get with headphones(even the very best headphones).

j-malotky,

Yes any good Klipsch system will hurt YOU before you hurt it.

9.gif

I'm finishing up a summer school class and then next week I'll be home for the summer again. It will be nice cause in this dang apartment I never get to crank my stuff. Then again at home I don't get to much either but every so often I find time alone and get to admire my well spent money.

Its amazing that we can own this stuff and years later still be amazed at what it can do and how it can physically make your heart pound.

----------------

On 5/27/2003 1:15:08 PM Frzninvt wrote:

At this point I quickly backed it down, looked outside to make sure the neighbor was still gone and tried another CD.

----------------

LOL! Yeah I know what your saying there. 9.gif