Does the SWS shake the floor?

vanilla

----------------

On 7/18/2003 8:23:31 AM justin_tx_16 wrote:

An SVS CS-Ultra pair is an amazing thing. Not only can it hit serious SPL at low frequencies, it can hit serious SPL at stomach churning frequencies and still not be boomy. Imagine nearly bottomless bass... them imagine the SVS B-4.

----------------

Sounds to me like you are talking about something really expensive here. I have an 5.1 klipsch system with 2 SWS subs. Right now, it grants me enough sound stage for me to be content with and of course, annoy the neighbors. Now this SVS....what is it? Where can i get one? Will it cost me an arm and a leg? I eventually want to add on to my wall of power, but if its going to cost me more than $1000, im going to the 12" reference series sub that klipsh has out, forgot the number, but its the front and rear firing one. Also, this is for computer use, isnt it? DO you guys really have hometheater subs hooked up to your PC instead of your big screen masterful audio HT sets in the family/living/rec room? For my PC, this setup really gives me everything in need for movies and music....though its not very loud because then the speakers do blow alot of annoying air from the rear ports...and that is near the 2nd dot on the sws remote spindle.

I hear that if you connect your 5.1 with sws to the DD decoder, the sound improves over what the audigy can provide. I have the audigy 2 as well, but im sure an opitical connection to the 5.1 will do some wonders when connected.

Krillian, SVS is the best bang for the buck subwoofer company, bar none. They range in price from $475 (on those special sales) to over $5000. However, every sub they make beats the competition, maybe even for half the price in many instances.

If you are going to spend $1000 for a subwoofer, don't let your love for klipsch blind you. Klipsch makes awesome subs but SVS makes better ones, at least for movies. Klipsch has musical subs down pat, the Reference line up at least.

I have an RSW-12 and love it, but the next sub I buy will likely be a SunFire or an SVS. Depends on space issues.

So SVS is a company not a model number? And klipschs does make some awesome subs when it comes to music and movies...i havent had the opportunity to hear anything better, though i know there is better....but at a price. If it was up to me, i would tie a harmonic sensitive ribbon from the ceiling to the ground that will produce the sound i want. ;) But that isnt possible.

I will look into these subs, and see what they are all about. Yet, i dont believe that they will suit my all-around needs for music and movies. If only Carver still made stereo equipment......

"If only Carver still made stereo equipment......"

They do,and also Sunfire is CARVER.Deseigned by the man,Bob Carver.

The newer Carver and Sunfire products better the best Carver gear of years ago.The new Sunfire amps are way more refined,more powerful.Cost a bit more too.

Dude, you just made my day!!! Where can i find these sunfire jammies? I've been searching far and wide for carver products and only came up with a Preamp/Receiver unit. Its hella good and would like to add on to it, or maybe even replace it. Speaker wise, that would be good to look for, just hit me off with a link or something. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

first off two eight inch subs is awsome!!! yea sure 2 10in would be probably a lot better but with the 5.1 systems y would u want it the 2 eight inch subs that come with it rattle windows in ur house that more than what u need i mean hell what yall people wanna do blow the windows out of ur house??? lol! if u want to then i would suggest doing what i have done buying 6 promedia sws subs. if u dont belive i want shake the ground then ur out of your mind my system want just rattle pics on the will it will knock them off so if you want more bass buy more sws's thats all im saying and i get yalls point too but hell i dont care whats out there if u got enough money to blow of course u can always buy something bigger and better period

Wow dude, 6SWS subs, i envy you. I may pick up more, but it will be some time before i do. Right now, the cash flow isnt what i expect and other things pretty much put a damp into my surplus. Tuition raises, books, transportation, parking...girls, its all eating at me slowly, but surely. But with my 2 subs, im am content for the time being, but i will soon take advange of that special offer where you buy 2 subs and get another free. That is a sweet deal.

----------------

On 7/18/2003 7:38:18 AM blake_mooney wrote:

why the hell would you need more bass then a duel 8" sub and 1 SWS sub??? no offense but are you people deaf??? have you ever heard a DVD with the pro media 5.1's and an audigy 2 in an average size room???

----------------

I have the Infinity EntraTwo 12" woofer with my Klipsch 4.1's and I could use some more bass ;-) I listen to a lot of rap and drum & bass music, so the more bass, the better :-) Real audiophiles don't like a lot of bass, they like accurate music reproduction. Having bass to the point of hardly being able to hear the mids and highs is not accurate music reproduction, but I sure as hell enjoy it.

• Like 1

Of course, the bass is not meant to be heard, its meant to be felt. Yeah 1 sws is good, 2 is even better, but more is the best because in an average size room, the bass will be felt with extraordinary impact and no need to stress out the sub array by bringing up the sub volume, causing massive port noise. Im sure you can understand the reasoning behind that. Also, I have the 5.1 system connected to an audigy 2 card with 2 sws subs. Its great, but i know it could be better without stressing the sub so much.

----------------

On 8/23/2003 5:59:25 PM Krillian Hex wrote:

Of course, the bass is not meant to be heard, its meant to be felt. Yeah 1 sws is good, 2 is even better, but more is the best because in an average size room, the bass will be felt with extraordinary impact and no need to stress out the sub array by bringing up the sub volume, causing massive port noise. Im sure you can understand the reasoning behind that. Also, I have the 5.1 system connected to an audigy 2 card with 2 sws subs. Its great, but i know it could be better without stressing the sub so much.

----------------

I disagree, if you took away all of the frequencies from a recording that are considered "bass" (20-120Hz) that you can hear and left everything else (20Hz) and below, it'd sound like crap. Certain bass frequencies should be heard otherwise music would sound like crap.

• Like 1

i think the SWS subs are now $200. When i bought mines, they were $150 + shipping. But i think they now have a deal, if you buy 2 subs, you get the 3rd for free...a $200 savings. But you still have to spend $400. For 6 subs, thats $800, that i wouldnt recommend. The reference series subs are much more powerful and cost just about the same at that...well, maybe a little more costly, but $1k is not that much when compared to $800. But then again, a wall of 8inch subs does look threatening to the human body.

There is no software for the sub.

• 2 weeks later...