cornwells verses chorus II

I just picked up A pair of chorus II's I traded my Hersey's for then what a deal!!!!! my good freind has a pair of Cornwell's what are the db level of Cornwell's next weekend we are going to listend to all of then together that shold be awsome. Can any one give me there feed back which they like better. I can not belive how efishant the chorus II are they are so much lowder than my hersey's are looking forward for feedback thanks Keith

denon 1082

chorus II's

rsw10

rc3

rs3 II

Don

You may want to search the archives of this Forum. This topic has been discussed before.

I have heard but have not ever owned a pair Chorus2s so can not give a good comparison. If they were 1's vs Cornwalls I could.

All three are amazing speakers and have that Big Heritage sound we all love.

JM

Greetings:

Well after quite some time of non-use, I finally have my C20 and MC60s hooked along with my sony 2251 Turntable. All going in to the chorus IIs. Also ran to the Cornwall IIs for a comparison.

The Chorus IIs when placed correctly, in corners, just a small movement affects bass output, have a little more bottom. Not a kick in the chest, but a tad more. They sound brighter than the Cornwall IIs.

For my 2 cents I think the Cornwall IIs are easier to listen to for longer periods of time. But I have no problems with Chorus IIs, I can bring the brightness down with the C20s loudness control. Otherwise all is flat, bass at the 400 hz position sounds better than the 300 hz. Treble on the -5 position. Turntable and Ortofon still a great match.1.gif

I have still never heard Corns.

Just Heresey, LaScalas, KLF-20s, RF-7, RB-5 and a little bit of Belles.

Reference and KLF line have different voicing.

Direct bass driver in the Corns and Chorus II are simlar; amp and source voicing probably can make a significantly different result than the different designs themselves.

Heritage is different.

folded horns are in a unique group.

I have Forte II and Quintets. What I love about them probably is a product of the midrange horn. You've got the same in yours.

If you're on the look out for another pair of speakers, having the same model may be more important than what is "best". You'll probably want to eventually investigate multichannel recordings were matched speakers are important.

Gil

hi all this past weekend my good freind and I put the chorusII cornwalls together powered by A denon 5802 140 times 7 the cornwalls are lowder than the chorusII we had the volume at plus 5 for all you denon lovers I am still deaf it had to be 120 decible in that room I have not ever heard any thing that. So if your looking for the best by corwalls hands down but I still love my chorusII's

Hmm... loud can be good, to a point. But, there is more to music than sound pressure.

As far as Cornwall I's vs. II's... I thought I read here somewhere that the I's are rated 98.5 dB/W/4ft and the II's are rated 101 dB/W/meter. When you convert the I's 98.5 rating to dB/W/meter you get 101. (4 ft = 48 inches, 1 meter = 39 inches). Is this true?

Anyone have the formula for sound pressure vs. distance in air?

Mace