Theater Equiptment

boomac

You have the right not to believe me... but OfficeMax sells them!

EB001729.GIF

"Tatco Velour Ropes & Weighted Base Stands

Crowd Control Posts, Bases and Ropes. Classic polished chrome posts and black velour ropes provide stylish, portable traffic guides. Heavy duty shell is mirror polished. Bell-shaped, weighted base stays in place and will not stain carpet. Rich velour ropes are pre-fit with matching polished chrome snap ends. For complete stanchions, both posts and bases must be ordered."

http://r4.us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/product/prodBlock.jsp/rmivars%3ftarget=_top?prodBlockOID=56694&campaign=6SP4FMBG2V2

andre-k,

Two reasons! My "mother in law", who happens to live with us, goes for walks with her walker. She can't,(won't)walk in her own three room area or stay in our hallway but rather bips right through our dining room and family room. She carries a coffee mug, filled to the brim, spills it on the carpets and sometimes bangs into the furniture. I saved a long time and bought my wife some really nice hand made colonial furniture for the dining room and I want her to stay the heck out of there. The stanchions would keep her out! I will say, "I got them as a prop for the home theater but until it's completed, they look good here." Now I leave step ladders. etc., in the doorways to obstruct her passage. Not when we have company, ofcourse. She has so much darn furniture in her rooms that I can't fit in a treadmill or I would buy her one tomorrow. (2) They really might look good as a prop in the HT when it's done. We're at the dry wall stage now so we'll have time to train her with the stanchions for a while.

You think I'm kidden, don't you?

----------------

On 6/2/2003 11:19:07 PM j-malotky wrote:

boomac

Since your at the drywall stage, maybe get an extra sheet and cover her doorway
1.gif
And sheetrock is cheap... JM

----------------

27.gif Dooooood. That just aint right. Funny as hell, but just aint right.

----------------

On 6/3/2003 1:08:25 AM m00n wrote:

----------------

On 6/2/2003 11:19:07 PM j-malotky wrote:

boomac

Since your at the drywall stage, maybe get an extra sheet and cover her doorway
1.gif
And sheetrock is cheap... JM

----------------

27.gif
Dooooood. That just aint right. Funny as hell, but just aint right.

----------------

m00n is so right haha. That is hilarious. Just build a "mother-in-law" house or a guest house. That'll fix your problem. 1.gif

boomac,

Now that the tears have stopped and I can breathe right again, I would like to know about the "theater / disneyland crowd diverter thing" I am intereseted in getting one or two for the novelty.

I am also shopping for one of those smaller theater style popcorn poppers, I thought about using the ropes for effect.

Pathos

The stanchions are kind of cool but they are damned expensive. We should check eBay for a while and see what might show up. The pop corn machine idea is also a good one. A case full of Good & Plenty and we'll be all set!

Anybody remember Good & Plenty?

For m00n and Justin:

Three years ago we built a new house that has a MIL suite. It's almost 500 sq ft and has everything but a kitchen. We did this to gain some privacy and it has helped to an extent. I won't go into all the details but the MIL and I have never, ever gotten along. Trust me guys, boomac is justified. If I knew the stanchions would work, I'd spend the turntable money on them. I still might! For now, JM's plan will linger in my mind. I've been walking around laughing, like that Dr Evil Dude, ever since I read it.

----------------

On 6/3/2003 11:19:15 AM boomac wrote:

I won't go into all the details but the MIL and I have never, ever gotten along. Trust me guys, boomac is justified.

----------------

Oh no no... Feel free to explain. I'm all ears.9.gif

DD said: "Good and Plenty, Good and Plenty, Chooo, Chooo!"

DD asked: "Did you ever do that with the box?

Saturday afternoon matinee; I'm trying to talk trash and make out with some honey and there are a dozen kids chanting and shaking - Good & Plenty, Good & Plenty - Choo Choo Choo Chooooooo! I remember!

Gary, Go home and play with your new toy. If we keep this up we'll be labeled the "old fogies" of Klipsch Klan!

Do they still even make that stuff?

moon are you serious? You would really like to hear? Say please and I'll tell ya a few laughable things. Then I'll tell you a couple things that will give you a chill.

Please.

Pretty Please

Pretty Please with sugar on top.

Oh hell yeah... Spill the dirt.

On and BTW, I am not a youngster, but I sure don't remember any Good&Plenty chants at any theater I ever went to. But then maybe I didn't go to enough movies.1.gif

m00n, The kids may have been all Choo Chooed out by the time you started to go to movies but during the early to mid 60s they were listening to Charlie and Choo Chooin away.

BBB, I've been laughing so hard I have a headache.

m00n,

She hides food, etc. in her area. I had to help close a couple of windows and there behind the curtains was a cup of half eaten pudding and a quarter glass of juice.

If she thinks no one is watching, she will pour her cold coffee into the hot pot and then pour it back in her mug.

The kid saw her mouth and tongue the maple syrup bottle. Now we have to have two bottles. One up high so she can't reach it.

Though it bothers all of us, she wipes herself down with the worst smelling lotion imaginable. When she opens her door it casts upon us like a terrible fog.

Although we have begged her not to, she continues to use that awful aerosol spray to cover odors. It permeates through half of the house. One night both kids woke up with their eyes burning.

She feeds my dog "people food".

She whines, "my walls shake" when we watch a movie or play music.

She never shuts up about the weather.

She's either too hot or too cold.

More to come m00n!