Price Increase?

n2v

Has anyone else noticed that the price on the SWS has jumped from $149.99 to $199.99?

I'm freaking out right now because I was about to buy two of them, and there's no way I'm spending an additional $100 bucks when I could have gotten them at the original price two days ago!

Brian

Try and buy the SWS online, you'll notice that they're now $50 more expensive.

Justin, when I was as BestBuy last week, all they had was the GMX 5.1. I'll check today for the SWS, thanks for the tip.

Brian

Klipsch ProMedia SWS Subwoofer System

Model: PM-SWS

Bring the bass into your system! A built-in 100-watt amplifier juices up this 8" powered subwoofer. A closed loop system and front-fire design add an intense sound foundation for any stereo.

In Stock - Usually ships in 2-3 business days. Not available for store pickup.

ThinkAbout It

$149.99

Kinda sucks about the price increase. It's only $50, but that an increase of over 33%!! Even at $200 it's still a bargin as far as similarly priced subs. As far as multiple SWS, don't waste the money. Go spend $400 and get a KSW10. You'll be much happier with that.

I think I'll end up getting two SWS for a couple of reason:

-It's only $300 total at BestBuy.

-They're built for MultiMedia systems, and will inegrate flawlessly with my ProMedia's.

If I were comparing a $150 KSW-10 to a $150 SWS, then I'd get the SWS. But why not get two SWS's and save $100 bucks. I've heard that the KSW-10 is weak anyways.

Brian

It's weak as far as a HT sub is concerned, but will definately move more air than an SWS. It should easily tromp dual SWSs as well. The only real advantage I see to the dual SWS setup is it would give a bit more flexability it the form of sub placement. You could stack them in a corner for maximum output, or put them in opposite corners to give a better balance. Personally though, I'd go with the KSW10. Actually I think they're even on sale at BB right now.

just want to tell you guys that i just got a deal on a sub. its an infinity entra two 12 inch (500 watt) sub that i bought from circuit city today for 249.99.

i gave my ksw-10 to my parents (they gave me 200) and bought this behemoth.... let me tell you - its a sick deal. 249.99 for a sub that outdoes even a ksw-12 - and sure as heck outdoes 2 or 3 sws (i heard sws, my friend has 2). the ksw-10 sounds like a kitten next to this guy and not even the 2 ksw-10s we have downstairs compare to this guy. the only downside i can see is probably if you are cramped for space since this sub measures about 20x20x20 inches - and weighs in at 45 lbs.

so just wanted to inform n2v to check this sucker out before spending extra cash on another sws. maybe u can sell your current sws online if need be.

excellent - n2v just bought the exact same infinity 12 inch sub as i did! good job getting one the last few ones available... i had to drive 30 miles to get mine - every other circuit city around me was out... so, congratulations to n2v on his new and monstrous baby! 9.gif

Well, i dont like the price increase either. Which puts a stop to my adding new subs until the prices drops or till i find someone offering them for the same price as before. But of course, upgrading now is not an option. But as you may be able to tell....im am quite content with my setup as of now....but sooner or later, ill be looking to upgrade and the KSW10 will not really satisfy my hunger for power.

dualsubs.jpg

Yeah im quite happy. But at $200, im not hopping on anymore SWS until it drops to $150 and from Klipsch.

I have the same sub as Pinipig. You can get it at CircuitCity right now on clearence for $284, that's the cheapest anywhere. It hits a hell of a lot lower and louder than the 4.1, 5.1, or SWS subwoofer. This things gotta be atleast 5 times louder than my 4.1 sub.

MD -- Because you have such a small room and the 4.1 sub you have already is almost too much bass (for you), the infinity would be ridiculous!

The only time I can really turn mine on is when there is no one else home, otherwise I get yelled at by 3 different people. However, if you really really like bass, then this is the thing to get. If you like rap/drum & bass type stuff, then it's essential to atleast get some sort of additional subwoofer.