Refurbished Denon Recievers

Thors1982

B-stock usually means the component did not meet the necessary criteria during its initial run through the QC department or manufacturing line. So they go through it more thoroughly on the second run and correct any issues it may have had, or it could have a few slight cosmetic flaws. I'd say for the cost savings involved - I would get one. I own two Denon's the AVR-3300 and the AVR-4800 and both have performed flawlessy for me. If anything were to go wrong with it you have the 90 days of service.

My VCR is a factory refurb. I had that thing for close to 10 years now (back when stereo Hi-Fi VCR were still expensive - thus the refurb instead of brand-spanking new)! It is still going strong to this day with a good picture and a good sound. It has never messed up once. I have no problems with buying a refurb.

I think if it works the first 90 days then the risk is much lower thant the chance of it arriving DOA.

I bought 2 refirb SVHS JVC vcrs a couple years ago and I couldn't tell the difference between new...both in packaging, looks, use, and reliability.

I would look for a new sealed box receiver with a warranty on-line and see if the price is similar. My neighbor bought a 3803 for $850 sealed box on-line with no issues for the past 90 days or so.

I bought a refurbished Denon HT receiver less than a year ago. It was refurbished by Denon and came with warranty. I didn't really have any concerns with buying refurbished. Because it was refurbished, that means it was repaired and checked/tested before being shipped. That's not the case with new units, so you're more likely to get a unit with a problem with something new than with one that was refurbished (and tested before shipping). I haven't had a single problem with mine yet and I saved about 45% off msrp.

Yeah, I read more and turns out that reciever wasn't refurbished by the manufacturer and didn't come with a remote. So I decided not to get it.

But, wow 45% off thats great and right at my price range for teh reciever I want. Would you know where I could look for a denon 3803 refurbished?