We told you so!!!!!!!!

dodger

Two problems with your friend:

first-Who tells the wife what they are GOING to buy and what it costs anyway.

Second-You never buy anything when your wife is with you. You come back later. Shopping for electronics with my wife is done the same way she shops for clothes with me. You never can find anything you like.

LOTS OF LUCK.

Yes, he will be over. Sometimes when the wife or husband is not acting "tactfully" and they have heard that another store is selling the same BRAND for what seems to be less, arguing in the store would accomplish nothing.

I guess to sum all of the posts and my original post up is to say:

a. At this point, many people could get confused if they don't know product lines and models. KLIPSCH Reference is at one store, KLIPSCH whatever is at another with different prices.

The brand is the same, the line is not. Klipsch needs to make sure that the models are not the same at both stores. We know Klipsch, most know the differences in Reference, Synergy, Pro-Media etc.. For years the public has seen Klipsch at the Audio specialty or presumed higher end stores. Now they find they can buy the brand - note the word brand, for what is perceived as less at another store. That was my point.

As far as God is concerned, I noted room for non-believers, but they still have their mind as the possible higher being. I believe what I believe, I have room for other thoughts to be shown or not. A Priest, Minister, Agnostic I am not - and I would not be very good at them anyway.

As one other signs: "Peace."

To quote one poster: "LOTS OF LUCK"

To me it is a case of one knowing what they want and researching it - the other just hearing that you can get the same brand for less elsewhere.

The knowledge that there are different LINES when one store carried them all has to be imparted and the Reference Line has to stay the best the Company can offer, but if you're just looking at cost you go to the other store - no slam against the product lines or Best Buy.

He was going to spend over $2500.00, she had heard you could buy Klipsch at a lower price elsewhere. Both parties had valid points - one more "assertive."

Now it's a case of educating while tempers and attitudes are cool.

But it could still be a loss of a Reference Line sale if he decides HE likes what he has and can buy something else for HT.

----------------

On 6/12/2003 3:20:35 PM rf3iicrazy wrote:

Two replies:

1. She is an Investigator (Detective) with one of our Suburban PDs.

Dodger,

Great a woman with a badge & the John Wayne Syndrome, he's f***ed!
11.gif

Tom

----------------

In a way you've got it, she was thrilled to have a .357 when the City had "only" .38s. Now it's a 9mm.....what more can I say. It's a power and lack of knowledge thing.

Dodger,

I own a Beretta 9 mm, you don't see it going to my head!

This falls under the mentality of "some" who become cops. I remember running into cops in the town I grew up in that use to be the guys that got picked on in school. Now they gots the badge and the gun so its time for them to do the picking.

Tom

----------------

On 6/12/2003 3:48:22 PM rf3iicrazy wrote:

Dodger,

I own a Beretta 9 mm, you don't see it going to my head!

This falls under the mentality of "some" who become cops. I remember running into cops in the town I grew up in that use to be the guys that got picked on in school. Now they gots the badge and the gun so its time for them to do the picking.

Tom

----------------

Yep, and she's the first female Lt. in her Department so she has had to "Prove" herself when almost all of the area PDs have had female Sgt.s, Lt.s, Captains and a Deputy Chief.

As for caring what equipment he gets, my initial probably not clear point was the difference in lines, cost and perception that it is all the same.

So I will end this with that point hopefully clear that it should be noted/advertised that though it may be the same name, the lines ARE different.

Have a great night all - may the peace you experience today, be with you for all of the todays to come. GNW

----------------

On 6/12/2003 2:30:43 PM dodger wrote:

She is an Investigator (Detective) with one of our Suburban PDs.

----------------

Well there's the problem right there! Most cops along with all of the other problems they possess have control issues and are generally control freaks. The original post in this thread illustrates this principle clearly.

Like someone else said earlier 'stay out of that one'. Let them suffer their own misery together. You would never convince her otherwise because of her psychogical pathology.

Tony B.

Wouldn't this be akin to someone seeing Sony ES stuff at an audio store and then going to Best Buy to get some low end Sony crap?

The biggest problem with the Best Buy situation is no good front end to put with your new Klipsch's.

Mace

So she's a policewoman; so what. Cop...Schmop! Guess she wears the pants in that relationship. I assume they still bought Klipsch in the end, and that's all that matters, even if it was at Best Buy and not the local Reference dealer (too bad for the poor dealer).

----------------

On 6/14/2003 8:47:42 PM mace wrote:

Wouldn't this be akin to someone seeing Sony ES stuff at an audio store and then going to Best Buy to get some low end Sony crap?

The biggest problem with the Best Buy situation is no good front end to put with your new Klipsch's.

Mace

----------------

That's actually a really good way to think of it, but I would hardly call the synergy stuff crap. Yammy is the same way. They sell a bunch of crap recievers at BB, but that doesn't bother people who own the high end ones. Why should it be different with speakers.