Speaker wire for Forte

afterglow

My uncle passed on his Forte's to me. I'm planning on pairing it up with the following:

Amp: Parasound

Pre-amp: Bottlehead Foreplay

CDP: looking at Marantz or NAD

TT: Thorens TD320

Tube pre: Musical Fidelity X-LPS

I listen to mostly jazz and classical. I'll probably upgrade my amp to either 2A3 or EL34 SET in the near future.

What speaker cables should I be looking at?? Will Kimber 4TC/8TC work fine??

Will Kimber 4TC/8TC work fine??

If you go with the Kimber,Please post your thought's.

I tried to like the 4TC with my Lascala's. I just did'nt like the sound. Kind of edgy. Never warmed up.

I used a tube pre and Parasound HCA1500 amp.

I ended up giving my sister 40 feet of it to go with her Jamo speakers that I also gave her.Both my sister and her boyfriend love the sound. I think the wire sounds better with tweeter's than horns.

You are on a quest that you have to go on by yourself. What I like you may hate. It's a expensive journey, but once you get the right combo its awesome.

I am trying to find 40 feet of wire for my bedroom system (all parasound,rega cd player and heresy's). I almost bought Monster xp something last night, but I've never had good luck with Monster and Klipsch (again this is just me) so I backed out.

Audioquest is good if you have a bright system which to me the parasound is not, so I don't know what to do. The system just sits there because I can't decide what wire to buy.I know that's stupid, but I'm tired of spending money and not being happy.

Good luck on your journey and let us know what you decide.

Danny

Hello,

I have been running Kimber 4TC to my Fortes for about 3 years now. The sound is terrific; much more solid, transparant, and 3-dimensional than the Monster I used for years. I would characterize it as a very good value in better speaker cable.

Of course, if you can afford to get the Kimber 8TC, the numbers on it are a lot better; I have not had a chance to audition them.

As always, cable changes\upgrades are going to vary in effect from system to system, and between different listeners. I have been able to differentiate between every cable change I have made, the most significant being in interconnects; I would be sure my interconnects were better than the skinny black-and-red junk that is included with low-fi components, in conjunction with speaker cable changes.