Projects thread

Deang

"Consider for a mo' that you are working with "elemental forces" of the universe - the ones that hold atoms together - and you are standing there winding a hank of 20ga copper wire onto a spool!"

Are you saying I can touch the face of God while winding an inductor? I sure can believe it -- cuz I say lot's of stuff to Him while I'm winding :)

Ah yes -- the passive mind experience. I use cussing :)

Think it's O.K. if I use silver wire on positive and copper on negative? If I've understood everything you've said correctly -- it seems it would be alright.

Just a question of interest about the Dahlquist 10's crossovers. Did you ever consider using air core inductors instead of the smaller ones I see in the picture? You used heavier gauge ones for the RC-7's, I thought you might try the same with the Dahiquists. Al suggests it makes a huge difference and I agree after having upgraded mine on my Cornwalls.

The picture of the Dahiquist 10's was not included with the first post.

The RF-7's.

It would take a really nice 200 wpc SS amp like an Aragon, and a good sub for the DQ's to get to the RF-7 level -- and even then the DQ's might fall a little short. However, the sound is nostalgic, and gives me a good feeling.