Ok...i'm the new guy...be gentle!!

thank 4 the welcome....i hope the picture makes it through....this is the current incarnation of my system...greatly downsized from what it used to be...there used to be open reels ...cassette decks...turntable and a whole myriad of prossesers..but there will aways be the fortes...Ive had them since 1985 ...I went to the audio store to get the Polk 12c...and these were sittin right next to them...brand new on the market...the salesman did a comparison...like night and day...sold right there...sorry polk...PWK gotch ya again 14.gif

post-12600-13819248047396_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the nuthouse as we like to say. If you are looking to downsize your system you came to the wrong place. We highly encourage upsizing to khorns, cornwalls, etc. Let us know when you have a question and we'll be happy to provide you with at least 12 different answers/opinions. We all agree on one thing though - Klipsch.2.gif

Welcome aboard.

You must be a black-box addict like I used to be - EQ's, expanders, all manner of audio processors, the more the merrier! I had one of the old Pioneer RG units (RG-1?), but the newer ones like yours are very cool. I'll bet you remember Pioneer's mid-late seventies glory days, too. Right?

Hey, what kind of speakers does Fabian have? (answer: Forte's, of course!)HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...it only gets worse!9.gif

i'd love to have a pair of belles...but beacause of space constraints...I don't have the room for them,and the garage is out of the question (too damp). I still like my fortes' they have a more lifelike sound than other speakers (outside the Klipsch line of course) and they kick %#$...who needs a sub....not me..and the wife don't complain either..you know how they are

these are actually the second pair ..the first pair ,the wood at the corners started spliting and seperating..so I took them back to the store and they told me that the whole lot of those were made with wood that didn't cure properly, and they gave me a pair of herseys to use while they got me a new pair...the herseys were nice...but....I was happy to get my new fortes'(in oiled walnut)....I gave a listen to the choruses after they came out,but they seemed a little boxey in the bottom end, and I'm not too up on vented speakers anyway.....

Welcome to Klipschville, home to a bunch of half-crazed audio fanatics who love all things Klipsch! We may sometimes disagree on what components are best for our horns, but no Klipsch loudspeaker is dissed around here. Your Fortes are a damn fine horn speaker, and will continue the legacy PWK started in the '40's!

I too had huge systems years ago, but now I'm down to my Cornwalls, my Mac amp, and a sole CD player for a source. Far cry from all the Nakamichi tape decks, Panasonic and Sony pro DAT recorders, dbx processors too numerous to list, an endless supply of Carver amps, preamps, tuners, CD players, and turntables from Technics and Denon, along with Stanton, audio-technica, Signet, and Sumiko cartridges...plus other gear from McIntosh, Dynaco, AudioControl, harman/kardon, Yamaha, Sansui, JBL, AMC, ADC, JVC, etc. I even had a vacuum tube preamp that I still miss, but I've had unfortunant financial circumstances befall me (long story), so it's all gone to other homes. But it's all good...I still have my Cornwalls, and I always will!

I know how that goes...been there too many times myself. At least you got into something musical...do you play guitar?...I play myself, (not with) but not professionally .I don't want to live that life. Most of what I play,and,listen to is smooth jazz..not much of a demand for that style here in mid michigan...mostly new rock and metal but a couple years ago I jammed with a friend of mine every once and a while...don't know if you herd of him..Larry McCray..big blues guitar player who made it to the big time...I myself wire houses,mostly new construction, for my brother...business is good but gets boreing after a while

I wish I played guitar (like Linsey Buckingham...I also dig classical guitar played by Christopher Parkening), but I don't. I do fiddle around with keyboards, though (my dad works for a pipe organ service and manufacturing company in CT), but I play only by ear; I can read sheet music, but my fingers are not coordinated enough to be able to interpret what I read.

I think I've heard of McCray, but I'm not too familiar yet with this style of music (guess everyone knows Pat Metheny and the late Jimmy Rogers). I'm just starting to really appreciate jazz and the blues...grew up with '60's and '70's rock, but my real love is classical orchestral music, and especially those compositions written for the organ.

Just became a warehouse manager for Guitar Center's newest store here in Lakeland. I'm no salesman, and I don't know enough technical specs about any particular guitar, amp, keyboards, and drum kits to be able to make a sales pitch (plus the commission-based pay really hurts ya if you can't make any sales), so I don't mind bustin' my *** in the warehouse. Just being around musicians and music, and over $1,000,000 in pro audio gear, gets me all warm and fuzzy inside! Too bad Guitar Center doesn't sell Klipsch professional loudspeakers (but JBL's and Mackies are cool, too).