Authorized Klipsch resellers online?

bulletpointz

According to Sound City's website they only sell the Klipsch's in thier retail store. I live in Renton which is about 10 miles south of Seattle. Good Guys wants $2200 for a pair of RF-7s while I have seen them for $1500 on the web.I doubt I can talk them down that much.

One alternative, if you're feeling lucky, is to use a retailer who isn't authorized but will match the manufacturer's warranty. http://www.reliableaudiovideo.com is such a place, with apparently a good Yahoo! service rating. However, I guess I'd still be worried about companies going under or not honoring their "gentleman's agreement" to support the product.

I talked Good Guys down to $800.00 for a single RF7. I ended up not buying it from them but I was able to talk them down to that. You just have to look around, compare prices... If they know you can get it for that price somewhere somewhere local and it's an authorized dealer, they will come down. You just have to haggle. Have you gone to the find a local dealer page on the kliipsch web site? You should, then call the places local to you and just ask... Hey will you sell me a pair for $1600.00 or what ever.

Remember too, with Good Guys, money talks BS walks. If you go in and tell them flat out, "Hey I am buying today, either here or elsewhere but I am buying today". If you go in with that attitude and mean it, that will also help.

----------------

On 6/18/2003 9:23:33 AM damonrpayne wrote:

One alternative, if you're feeling lucky, is to use a retailer who isn't authorized but will match the manufacturer's warranty.
is such a place, with apparently a good Yahoo! service rating. However, I guess I'd still be worried about companies going under or not honoring their "gentleman's agreement" to support the product.

----------------

They have decent prices, but I haven't seen the new line of "x5" listed.

I agree about them going under and then needing warranty work. When you factor in the shipping charges, use that figure when you negotiate.