Need a Single K-55V w/Soldered Terminals

Frzninvt

Anyone have a single K-55V with soldered terminals in excellent cosmetic condition and fully functional order that they would be willing to part with. I need one to replace the spring terminal one in my center channel La Scala. I could trade the fully functional spring terminal one plus cash for a soldered terminal version if desired. Please let me know thanks.

Hello John, I usually scan eBay fairly well I must have overlooked them. No I am not bidding, interested in splitting a pair with me? Do you happen to have the item #? I just swapped out the spring terminal ones in my La Scala rears recently, now I need a single one for my center channel La Scala so they are all the same.

Do they sound/function differently because of the type of terminal, or is the terminal type an indication of some other difference in the drivers' qualities? Serious question. No kidding. Etc.

fini

I have just heard that they are the best ones to have! I think the soldered version has some kind on phase plug in it that makes it better than the spring terminal one. I honestly could not tell the difference when I swapped out the ones in the rear La Scala's but they were not running by themselves. Perhaps in a 2-channel setting where I could hear only the La Scala's, but I'm still not sure if there is an audible difference or not. I found the ones on eBay and will most like bid to win on them, I would like to split them though since I only need one. Maybe John can provide a more detailed response on the differences.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3032874585&category=3276

The solder terminal version has a different phase plug and the plug is closer to the diaphragm. The 4k to 6k range is flatter. I have been unable to hear the difference. I must have abused my ears with too many motorcycles, airplanes, concerts, gun shots, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I just won an auction for a pair of the solder terminal version K-55V's on eBay. I just need one though for my La Scala center, anyone want the other solder terminal one? I will also have the spring terminal one that will come out of my La Scala to sell as well, any takers? If not it will be off to eBay with them.