To Griffinator or any other BB employee

andre-k

I also work at a Best Buy( I work in video, we seperate audio and video), and was wondering if any representative from Klipsch has come to your store yet. I am hoping that they will come around soon and give us an accomodation on Klispch like we have on Athena and other brands. If they have came around what did they offer for accomodation? Im trying to hold off on picking up a pair of sf-2's. By the way have you guys heard the wharfedale's? The 60 percent off thing sounds pretty good but I never heard them.

I'm as clueless as you on that topic. I haven't worked in nearly a month on account of my back, but I haven't heard anything from other employees at the store about Klipsch reps showing up, either.

Keep in mind, Klipsch isn't the only company that doesn't offer accomodations. I'd love to find out that they've started, and that the full line is available via those accomodations... 11.gif

Trey Cannon? Any ideas?

I know wharfedale makes really good high end stuff, but Im unsure about the Zaldek line. Its basically between the Klipch sf-2 for 360 a pair, the athena asf2 for 240 a pair, and the wharfs for 240 a pair as well. What would you guys do?

I've never been impressed with the wharfedale speakers that I've heard.

A friend of mine raved about the "expensive"($800) wharfedale speakers he had.

I finally got a chance to listen to them and thought they were some of the most uninvolving speakers I had ever witnessed.

They sounded not unlike my JBL L46's if you were to first cover the tweeter with a piece of thick felt and set the crossover to provide the boomiest sloppiest most undefined bass possible with a midrange leftover from a weedwacker engine.

That said I haven't heard any recently.

Peace, Josh

----------------

On 6/27/2003 12:59:56 AM Invidiosulus wrote:

I've never been impressed with the wharfedale speakers that I've heard.

A friend of mine raved about the "expensive"($800) wharfedale speakers he had.

I finally got a chance to listen to them and thought they were some of the most uninvolving speakers I had ever witnessed.

They sounded not unlike my JBL L46's if you were to first cover the tweeter with a piece of thick felt and set the crossover to provide the boomiest sloppiest most undefined bass possible with a midrange leftover from a weedwacker engine.

That said I haven't heard any recently.

Peace, Josh

----------------

Don't hold back, Josh - tell us how you really feel!

I've always seen Wharfedale as a Cerwin-Vega soundalike. Athenas are too muted in the high end for my taste. Go with the SF2's. You'll be happy you did.

----------------

On 6/27/2003 8:54:36 AM fini wrote:

My experience is that
most
speakers sound muffled compared to Klipsch.

fini

----------------

You obviously haven't auditioned JBL Studio series vs. Klipsch. The Synergy towers sound very mellow in the high end compared to a pair of S312's, S38's, S36's...

• 4 weeks later...

----------------

On 7/22/2003 10:24:51 PM andre-k wrote:

In case any other best buy employee was wondering, the new klipsch accomadation is out and it includes all the synergy series that we carry at 60 percent off retail.

----------------

I know what my brother is getting for the living room 2.gif