AHHHH anger....... just need to vent.........

tpg

I apologize to all... I just need to get this out of my system- you may ignore.......

OK I work ALL DAY on a pair of interconnects for my heapdhone amp. WE ALL KNOW that when we get somehting new for our systems that all we want to do is take a nice listen for a long time to compare. My parents know that I just want to listen and enjoy.... can it work that way? H**L FREAKIN NO.

My mom came in to check emails, booting me off the comp... that in itself annoyed me because I am on here... we never get mail... she knows this. To further my annoyance, she takes it upon herself to play a few (as in not just one... I think I waited 20 minutes...) games of FreeCell. Ok... thats over FINALLY. Or is it?! NO! My dad comes in and sits down. WHO KNOWS WTF HE WAS DOING. I DON'T KNOW. Looking at some guitar page forever. And, to heighten my annoyance and spark pure horrible anger, he decides he needs to hear the new cables. I HAVE NOT EVEN HAD BUT 30 SECONDS OR LESS TIME TO HEAR THEM! So, I figure I can let him have his fun for a song or two, then he can leave. Does it work this way?! NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He goes through quite a few songs..... in fact, he went through all 300 songs on my playlist- TWICE. MY GOD I WAS GETTING SO D@MN FRUSTRATED I COULD HAVE PUNCED A WALL. And to make matters worse, and even more maddening for me, he likes to listen LOUD because he has probably damaged his hearing from all the loud listening of his youth. These headphones (my Sennheiser HD580s) have NEVER been played above half way on my windows volume control. I like them too much to even risk ANY damage on them from my carelessness. But, hey, he is not me, so does he care? Did he buy them? NO.... Every time I heard a new song start out all loudly I cringed and nearly fell out of my seat from annoyance..... Sure, you might say I just am not capable of sharing... not the case. I am a giving person, don't mind sharing. BUT, we all, here, like our audio equipment, and I am sure you know how it is. An un-authorized person touches your stuff and you go off. For me, you CAN NOT touch my headphones. I don't care WHO you are. THEY ARE MINE and that is all there is to it. I value them more than any other thing in my systems. I don't see how people cannot see this... And all I have wanted to do was have a nice listen and see if the cables helped anything. He FINALLY leaves and remarks that the amp is nice. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was it too much to ask to just want to see if there was a difference? I don't seem to think so... but, when I came upstairs to test, IT WAS STILL DAYLIGHT, and for KY, this means 8-9:00. And, as I sit typing right now, it is 1:55. Ya.... and I have now gotten in about 4 songs. WOO FLOCKING HOO! On a more positive note... the cables seem to be pretty good... but only time will tell. And, of course, time I don't have now.... grr... that is all that I say- grr.

Ya... generally speaking, my room IS MY room... but today I guess they just decided it was theirs. 14.gif

Anyway, I am feeling a tad better- the cable seems to be smoothing out from a little use (I believe in that, yes...) and sounds quite nice. I alredy have a next generation cable sitting 10ft from me. This one is shielded with.... aluminum foil. lol Plenty of ground wires... only ONE 24 guage signal wire. Now, tell me how that works well to make better sound than what I was using... and I even saw someone use 30 guage. I don't get it, but it is nice. Bass is more punchy and defined, and present in songs where it was once muddy and unclear. Highs are more present (grr) so I am now going to have to build my newer headphone amp using my lovely OPA637BPs. Should be a nice upgrade... Now I want to upgrade my 580 cable too... man... they really do make a difference. Guess I will listen until 4 or so... nothing else to do... I will just sleep all day tommorrow...

Wow TPG...

Have to say I'm suprsied too see you vent like this. WE take no offense to it and in fact it is good to vent sometimes... keeps emotions from being pent up inside. But yeah, I would probably get extremely frustrated with that too. I've had similar situations as you when parent's get TOO inloved with your business at exactly the wrong time. Well thankfully it's over now and you can go back to your business.

Glad to see you vented your frustrations.

Ya... usually I don't do this... I was just very annoyed. I mean, I waited... for hours...

Hmm... still trying to formulate opinion on interconnect... it seems... brighter... and I don't like bright... yet I like this... it is a detailed bright. 14.gif

I guess it's safe to assume that you guys help in paying the mortgage then?

I think letting your parents spend some time on the computer isn't too much to ask. Considering they provide a room for you to sleep in, a place in which you can listen to your music, a pot to p!ss in, and food on the table, sometimes grimacing over the little things in life isn't really worth it.

I bet your parents are privately smiling to themselves thinking, "What comes around, goes around!"

----------------

On 6/28/2003 2:02:50 AM trespasser_guy wrote:

I apologize to all... I just need to get this out of my system- you may ignore.......

My parents know that I just want to listen and enjoy.... can it work that way? H**L FREAKIN NO......My mom came in to check emails, booting me off the comp...... My dad comes in and sits down. WHO KNOWS WTF HE WAS DOING. ...........MY GOD I WAS GETTING SO D@MN FRUSTRATED I COULD HAVE PUNCED A WALL..........Sure, you might say I just am not capable of sharing...For me, you CAN NOT touch my headphones...... I don't care WHO you are.............

----------------

Hey Trespasser Guy, It's really good for you to vent and express yourself. Being young isn't easy these days.

There's a song I'd like you to find and quietly listen to. " The Living Years " by Mike and the Mechanics. When you're over the bridge and have kids of your own, maybe you can reflect back to this time in your life. If being young isn't easy, being a parent isn't any easier. God bless you all. Hamish

TPG,

Venting is great...and sometimes necessary. Been there done that. As the years go by and the kids get older, so do the parents. Though mine accuse me of insanity at times, much to my amusement, we still laugh a lot and have fun. There are days when I would almost give my right arm to go sauger fishing and eat beenie weenies and saltines with my Dad like the old times. Enjoy it while you can, life is short. BTW, communication really works.

Sounds like you've got many years to go before you can roll them down the stairs in a wheelchair.11.gif