preamps

AnalOg

I hope you realize Dean and I do this stuff for fun and to hopefully bring life to the graveyard that this place is becoming these days! If you step in the line a fire you may get grazed by a stray bullet 1.gif. We spent an hour on the phone earlier laughing about what fun we were having. I really think everyone around here needs to lighten up big time this is suppose to be fun. I just hope Tom ignores 99% of what Dean said or the old La Scalas don't have a prayer!

Craig

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

------------------------------------------------------------------

I just hope Tom ignores 99% of what Dean said or the old La Scalas don't have a prayer!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyones comments and opinions hold water, it's about what your willing to live with or without. The Scala's have big sound, that only a few can reproduce. This is there number one strong point. And I like that. With that, I'm willing to try to make the shoe fit comfortably. Given the nature of these beasts, it's obvious that it will take more than just correct room placement. Given the enviorment that there in, it will be more challanging then the normal set up. My suspicion is that putting the ALK's in with current quality components & design, will elevate the sound they produce to more refined level.

I'll take it one step at a time, and evaluate as I go along.

Thankx Guys,

Tom

Tom,

Come on you either need to be more careful before you make statements or your missing your own points here. If the La Scalas lose most of there weak points with the 299 hooked up what more evidence do you need that your system has a problem that the RF-3 were more forgiving of or just plain not detailed enough to present to you. Yes the ALK's will take the speakers up a level but they will not cure this entire problem with your permanent setup.

Craig

----------------------------------------------------------------

Given the nature of these beasts, it's obvious that it will take more than just correct room placement. Given the enviorment that there in, it will be more challanging then the normal set up.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Craig,

According to the statement I made, thats my point.1.gif

Tom