preamps

AnalOg

Dean,

You are full of it up to your eye brows !! You just told me last week your not happy with your setup and looking for improvements. If your RF-7's were so great you wouldn't be messing with the Xovers for the second time, Hanging restistors off the back of your amp and what not. Your just hoping this will be the Tom's outcome to give you some more smack to talk down Heritage speakers !

Craig

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 7/5/2003 11:40:18 AM DeanG wrote:

I predict Tom will sell the LaScalas within a month. Within 6 months he'll have RF-7's.

----------------

No way will he sell his La Scalas in six months, unless his wife makes him because she can't get him out of the sweet spot in the listening room. After getting the ALK's Tom will have to find somebody to mow the lawn. 9.gif

Dee

what are you thinking dude??? with that musical fidelity gear i don't see why you'd even consider a preamp. now all your buddies are putting bets on which set of speakers you'll keep. i predict you keep the la scalas AND get the rf-7's. throw in a couple of those everest subs, add in some more power, then you'll be satisfied. seriously though, i can't sit still with my getup for too long either. i can say the ref 50 preamp for ht is a no-brainer, but i can't imagine the mf integrated is far behind ANY stereo preamp/amp separate. i use a jolida 1501 RC for my 2 ch. the question is the same as you brought up prior. at what cost?

The MF300 is incredible as a integrated at higher volumes with the Scala's, at low volumes you don't get enough gain out of the pre to get the sound to bloom. This is due to the sensitivity of the Scalas. Use it as a pre with my MarkIII's, it doesn't cut it when you've heard a tube pre coupled to them, it sounds to thin.

If I was Having a dance party the MF would be my choose to rock the house!3.gif

Tom

"You just told me last week your not happy with your setup and looking for improvements."

WTF are you talking about? I didn't say ANYTHING like that! We were talking about amps, and what I said was I would replace the Quicksilvers if I thought I could get improvement with something else. I didn't say a damn word about the RF-7's or my "setup".

"If your RF-7's were so great you wouldn't be messing with the Xovers for the second time..."

Third time. I'm not trying to fix a sound I'm not happy with. I'm trying to perfect an already excellent sound that I'm perfectly happy with.

"Hanging restistors off the back of your amp and what not."

That's right. One 10 ohm resistor for each amp when I do low level listening in the evenings. What can I say, it sounds better. The resistors come off when I feel like shaking the floor joists.

"Your just hoping this will be the Tom's outcome to give you some more smack to talk down Heritage speakers!"

You actually think I'm that small minded? What a bummer. Anything I've ever said about Heritage has been based on what I thought -- not on what someone else thought. If Tom bails on Heritage, you won't ever hear anything from me about it.

Dean,

I truly believe every Heritage owner here knows you have a hard on against them ! Yet you have never heard a Set with some good tube amplification. Once again I will say someone that is Happy with there setup does not tear things apart constantly !

Craig

"I truly believe every Heritage owner here knows you have a hard on against them!"

I don't have a problem with Heritage users -- I think all three ways suck. I especially think squawkers suck.

"Yet you have never heard a Set with some good tube amplification."

LOL. I owned Cornwalls (which some actually prefer over the LaScala) with Alnico drivers and a NosValves modified Scott 299B.

"Once again I will say someone that is Happy with there setup does not tear things apart constantly!"

I've upgraded the parts in my crossovers as funds permitted. I've gone from happy, to happier, to happiest.

Oh, so hitting below the belt about MacInslop and Earbleeders is good for getting the blood pumping again, huh? More like blood boiling! McIntosh not allowed, huh?

Do I ever cut down Moondogs or 299B's or 300B Westinghouse bottleheads? Do I ever say how Reference horns are poor excuses for Klipsch loudspeakers?

NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!! Why, 'cause I like 'em too!

So what's the deal? Because I'm a solid-state Mac user with a long sig that's more informative than most of your posts combined gives you just cause to pick on me? You're smart guys with alot to contibute to this forum, so why the nit-picking?

Because you act like children with your constant bickering, so then you should be treated like lil' children. And this SS McIntosh owner is here to remind you of that fact!

Cry-babies!15.gif

Just Kidding!9.gif Or am I?4.gif

----------------

On 7/12/2003 4:24:41 PM DeanG wrote:

You need to clean up your signature -- it takes up half the freaking screen. Who the hell cares how loud your earbleeders get with your MacInslop amp.
9.gif

----------------

LOL9.gif Really. But nice comeback Jim.10.gif

Oh goodie, I get to bring my Mac-lovin' butt and sit in on your's and Dean's thread, and listen in while you two go back to tearing eachother new a$$holes!

Go ahead, don't let me keep you.

By the way, I really do enjoy your posts, whether you want to believe it or not.1.gif