The Cornwall Theatre (HT system update)

Audible Nectar

They are in the other room where the 2 channel system resides. I took pix at the same time I took these - and they look horrible. The pics you see here are the best of 2 rolls taken - and they aren't much to rave about, but it illustrates the point. Displaying the Belle pix would be an injustice to them.

I would like to take better pictures of the Cornwalls too - just for forum archive purposes, and the start of a bigger project. I have an idea I wish to implement in the fall - to collect as many pictures of Cornwalls as possible and put them in one place, in an attempt to document its history, and to learn more of the specific changes in that particular speaker over the years. The Cornwall deserves nothing less.

Congratulations Audible Nectar on a job well done... and welcome to the wonderful world of Klipsch AIM-HT (All Identical Monopole-Home Theater)!!! 16.gif

As a Forum member whose Klipsch Heritage addiction began before two-channel stereo was popular... or Paul W. Klipsch opted for three-channel stereo (a pair of Khorns and a WAF taming Belle), there is NOTHING quite like the audio reality of a properly set up AIM-HT!

Timbre-matching provides the key to cinema ambience as intended by the audio engineers of a modern full-range multi-channel music or movie source. Timbre is the "voice quality" of a loudspeaker. When the same sound on a sound track sounds the same from every speaker... the quality of the listening experience is "naturalized."

Let's face it... no loudspeaker is "perfect"... so no collection of five or six loudspeakers is "perfect"... but no audio system is more nearly perfect in its class than AIM-HT whether it's based on a Synergy, Reference, Legend or Heritage full-range loudspeaker. I mean if the movie calls for a mosquito buzzing around my head, I do not want to experience a simulated "Doppler Effect phase shift" each time the buzz emanates from a different speaker in a 6.1 system!

I mean if the star of a movie sits on a whoopee-cushion... I want it to sound the same no matter what direction the audio engineer intended... and I certainly don't want an OWC (Overwhelming Whoopee Cushion) effect sprayed around the room by some artificially induced wide-dispersion side-surrounds... any more than I would want the star to be depicted on the center of the screen with a WWC (Wimpy Whoopee Cushion) effect caused by my Main Center speaker (which carries 75% plus of the multi-channel movie load) being less than my Left or Right Mains.

Whoopee-cushions deserve equal opportunity audio without aural prejudice!

After the stunning success of the six KLF-30's... I picked up a pair of oak Cornwalls from Jackson Hole, Wyoming for my first attempt at a 6.1 Heritage Home Theater... but then I switched to Belles just in case my former "WAF induced bachelorhood" turned out to be less than permanent. 15.gif

At four Belles and counting... I realized that I wanted to sing, "Mine ears have heard the glory of the coming of six Klipschorns"... in this lifetime! It all started when my beloved Swiss Miss Fiancé 12.gif fell in love with me during "The Sound of Music" in my Klipsch Legend AIM-HT... and continued when she bought a pair of Klipschorns and a Belle as her donation to my current AIM-HT project. Wow, talk about a keeper!

Hmm, maybe my favorite ex-wife was right... I do need a keeper! 3.gif -HornEd

PS: To all Klipsch Forum lurkers... whatever your ideal main speaker budget or ear preference indicates... guzzle your multi-channel sound straight as nature intended... aim high, AIM-HT! 9.gif Cheers to Audible Nectar and YOU! -H.E.

PPS: LURKER ALERT... upscale Klipsch loudspeakers are exquisite when you feed your AIM-HT good source material 6.gif ... but suck big time on lousy source material! 14.gif

Whoopee-cushions deserve equal opportunity audio without aural prejudice! (With a 1 1/2 month old baby boy, I have heard enough of pffffttts for a lifetime after a good bottle feed. LOL.)

Horn Ed your preaching to the choir here... And the reason I hope 5 Cornwalls (3 older vertical Cornwall II's on their sides so now horizontal, L, C, R and two regular Cornwall I's in the rears with a killer sub that IMO will just be an incredible experience in a HT room. Not sure if I need Heresies for 7.1 sound or will I have to buy another set of Cornwalls for the side fillers?)

I have said it a number of times.. "The same speaker all around L, C, R, and rears will kick a$$ every time." (Especially if it a good one too!) Like Paul Wilber Klipsch used to say too.. Anything else is BullSh*t I agree if the sound engineer wanted a sound effect to be three feet behind me and to the right...in my lestening position... That's where I want it to sound like it is coming from!!

Hey, Audible Nectar!

Thanks for pointing this thread out to me! I really appreciate you showing me the pictures of your set-up.

As awesome as I'm sure your system sounds, I feel pretty confident in saying that my wife would pitch a fit if I even tried something similar here in "her" den. She's been amazingly supportive about this speaker obsession of mine for a long time now. But, the four Cornwall array across the front of the room would have me sleeping in the bed of my F-150, instead of the one I belong in. 2.gif You must have a very special, understanding woman who'll let you do that!

I particularly got a chuckle out of seeing your remote control collection on the coffee table. We have a basket on our coffee table that has seven remotes in it, and then a universal remote that still has to lay around on the table top because it won't fit in the basket!

Seriously, congrats on your terrific home theater!