NOS, not blowed up anymore

rtaylor

Hey !! Glad to see your still alive I was starting to worry 9.gif Give them some good time to break in. Did you do a complete voltage check throughout the amp according to the instructions from NED ? Also there is one more thing you need to do. The miniature Potentiometer on the front end board needs to be at the very least centered in it available travel it really should be checked with a scope but centering its available travel is better then nothing. If you want to insure its centered you can use your Ohm meter and make sure both legs are of the same value it should be right around 5K ohm each you do this with the amp off !!

Craig

If Craig could successfully talk me through biasing my amp as he did last night then anything's possible! I'm pretty handy except when it comes to anything electrical. It was the first time I'd ever touched a multimeter.

BTW Craig - The brightness has decreased significanly since last night. Could biasing combined with better cables have made such a major impact? It's sounding better than ever now. I still get all the detail without the excessive brightness. I think my wife's even coming around. She actually asked me to play something for her tonight and she wanted to sit in the sweetspot!6.gif

Gary,

Biasing could of helped some with the one channel out of balance like it was the cables probably had more to do with this though. What cables were you running and what did you switch too ? Also the amp is just going to get better and better as things settle in.

Craig

------------------------------------------------------------------

she wanted to sit in the sweetspot!

------------------------------------------------------------------

I like when my wife sits on the sweet spo... oh sorry thats in the sweet spot!3.gif

Tom

Hi Craig, yes still kicking. Amps sound great and the resistor came in for the mac yesterday. Be up and running this weekend. Got some squirrels in the counterpoint preamp. Probably a weak tube.Cleaned up the c-22 and hopefully will have time to insert this into the system, Randy