My sore back!

bkrop

My 80/81 La Scala pair arrived yesterday and after getting them down the driveway/up the stairs/in the house/ down the basement and into the corners by myself, my back is sore, go figure. Hooked them up to a NOSvalve refurbished Scott 299-C and I forgot all about my back. Holy sh!t do they sound good! I got the 299-C because I needed the extra horsepower for my KG-4's and now I am glad for the extra headroom. It still hasn't been past 10 o'clock and that is plenty loud, but the missus hasn't left yet! I was worried because the sensitivity" shows any weakness in the system" and I have heard none. My concern was with some of my pedestrian equipment not the scott, Technics TT W/ Grado silver cart, Technics CD changer, mostly generic interconnects, 16 guage lamp cord to speakers. However the sound is breathtaking! I have a couple of mint LPs that have been played less than 3 times and the background silence is unbelievable.Oh, and the base is absent with the LaScala? give me a break, listened to Bach organ fugues, 2001 theme (Strauss), Talking heads it's all there. The scott never sounded so good! Thank you Craig for doing such a great job rebuilding my amp! You could have done a cut rate job knowing the limitations of my less sensitive speakers but being the professional you are my amp keeps amazing day after day. I have been wearing a "perma-smile" for a day and a half!9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

Congrats on your lascalas. I understand what you mean about the scott. Craig's rebuild on mine was incredible also. I too am amazed every time I turn it on. I never get tired of listening. Now with the lascalas you have a lot of work ahead of you listening to all your music again for the first time.1.gif

jhawk

Do whatever you need to do to get them into corners, fire up the Scott and allow it a little time to warm up - That would a good time to slip out and pour a glass of your favourite libation.

Feed the Scott something smooth and mellow such as a Charlie Parker or a Stan Getz etc. and play the first piece quietly. That will help you really hear what those horns sound like and the low volume will allow your wife to hear your jaw hitting the floor. That way she can assist in resetting it.

How natural can they be ? My wife and I were quietly listening to Louis one night and I quietly released a little pressure - thinking it wouldn't be noticed. My wife suddenly said Phewee !! Was that you or Louis ?