I hate my Mother inlaw

Agent Eagle wrote: Well, if we are married to our MIL's.., why is it so hard to get them in bed with us ?!?! LOL

Geezzz, it's a good thing I read that at 2:27AM on an empty stomach. Just the thought has me - excuse me....

We had a saying in the Army. "There are some things you don't joke about."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy,

" I had to get a big speach from MIL about how I waste all my money on the stereo and tv stuff."

I don't mean this to sound critical, but you don't have to stand still and listen to that stuff. You could even say something polite and leave the room/house for 10 minutes. After you do that 3 or 50 times 1.gif she'll get the message and stop. It's passive/agressive and prevents a direct confrontation.

Tryed and I am still trying. When ever she starts in I start up with her flowers. She buys tons of flowers ever year. Once she got me so made that I was thinking of taking the weedwacker to them. I didn't and that would cross the line. I have even stopped fixing there cars. I make them pay full dealer price for everything now. This has always worked with everbody but her.

I thought we were talking about mother in laws?

My wife does not want the restaint of her salary or wage.

But her intelligence is of the photgraphic memory sort.

-4 kids

-3 dogs

-3 cats

-2nd most tenured catechism teacher at our church

-started Childrens Liturgy 1987

-Girl Scout coordinator over 4 elementary schools

-WASP girl fluent in Spanish and American sign language

-Gave up being a nurse because doctors are stupid

-Double major in Biology and Math; teaching certificate JHS

-Chair Math dept JHS; Catholic school

-best shot in her Hunter Safety course(her brother swears to it)

-3.92 undergrad GPA

-in love with a short tooled pudgy Irishman...PRICELESS

----------------

On 8/1/2003 9:24:23 PM Audio Flynn wrote:

I thought we were talking about mother in laws?

My wife does not want the restaint of her salary or wage.

But her intelligence is of the photgraphic memory sort.

-4 kids

-3 dogs

-3 cats

-2nd most tenured catechism teacher at our church

-started Childrens Liturgy 1987

-Girl Scout coordinator over 4 elementary schools

-WASP girl fluent in Spanish and American sign language

-Gave up being a nurse because doctors are stupid

-Double major in Biology and Math; teaching certificate JHS

-Chair Math dept JHS; Catholic school

-best shot in her Hunter Safety course(her brother swears to it)

-3.92 undergrad GPA

-in love with a short tooled pudgy Irishman...PRICELESS

----------------

We must have run out of MIL stories. Sounds like most of our wives are smarter than we are, or at least than we think we are.

EasyListner,

I wish I had read this awhile ago. I can very much relate. I was married for 3.5 years, I had a 5 yr old step daughter at the time. I was with them since Amy was 2, and like you believed she was "my" daughter, my Little Princess 1.gif

My mother inlaw was a witch, to be polite, one day, while I was stationed in Germany, my exwifes Parents came to visit for a week. Her Father and I got along great(he was retired service), her Mom....UGH 11.gif

One day I sent Amy to her room for something she did, that was it, no spanking, nothing. You go sit in your room and think about what you did, she hated that. Well, I walk in and there is good ole Grandma telling my daughter to "not" listen to me...why....because I'm "not" her "real father"....YUP....hit me like a bullet direct in the chest. To this day, I endured the ole..."your not my real daddy, I don't have to listen to you"....it hurts, and still does because that little girl and I were best buddies, and I miss her immensely, going out bug collecting. You know, she is a teenager now, and I have never forgotten her.

Your not alone my friend, that woman aided in killing our marriage over time.

Boomer

I feel for you. Same adzact thing here. I had my cousins over for a party. Daniel my step son told my mil that he was going to play with his cousins. She told him that they aren't his cousins and that they don't like him and that he shouldn't play with them. He started to cry and ran to momy. I wasn't there so I could say anything to her. Hearts like a knife. I don't understand. If it wasn't for me Daniel and Kara would still be living with her, which she said she hated.

Boomer9911, That is a very sad story and there is only one solution for things like that. A wife has to step up to the plate and put the old witch in her place. Sounds like that didn't happen and the kid lost a good thing. You! I've had several experiences similar to yours. Some not as significant and one, in particular, even worse. My wife, of 32 years now, really let it rip. Made the MIL confess her lies in front of several of her neighbors and so called friends. I've never really heard all of it but it must have been bad. My wife just said, "I have taken care of it and it will never, ever happen aagain". To this day, I have never seen my wife so mad and determined. Was there ever more? Yes, but never anything that serious. Ya can't change the stripes on a tiger.