Woofers Hit Out of Sync with the Music

bchild311

A friend of mine has a pair of RF-5's in his HT setup. My brother has my old KLF-30's in his HT setup. One thing we noticed was that the woofers in the RF-5's and the Legends were both hitting out of sync with the music. We are all running Denon 3803's (except myself, I have the 3802) and we have had the LFE setting running to the fronts as well as the sub, using the LFE+Mains setting in the setup. Maybe this is cancelling some of the bass from music as the dvd player is interpreting the signal?

Anyone had anything like this happen with their setup? I have not noticed my RF-7's doing anything like this as of yet. And we've checked the obvious: cross-over settings, making sure they're correctly wired, etc...

Thoughts?

Can you explain what you mean by "out of sync with the music"? Are you watching a music video? The question is, how can you tell? I have seen some releases where the dvd or vhs tape had the audio out of sync with the video. Can't believe they git past quality control that way.

Marvel

OK everyone,

thanks for the replies. Like I said, I've never experienced the problem, but have seen it happen at my brothers place with his setup.

1- The amp is brand new and is configured accurately : speaker settings distance settings, all that is correct.

2- The speakers are fairly new in both instances, my brothers are a few years old, but my friends RF-5's are only a few months old.

So unless the boys at the factory at Klipsch pulled a fast one and did a wiring joke, I can't think of why else this crap is happening.

To elaborate on what really goes on, when listening to regular cd's in Stereo mode the kick drum hits but the woofers aren't reacting in tune with the drum. So, who knows. I was wondering if this was a common found thing, but it's starting to sound like maybe my brother and his friend are dropping acid before they listen to music or something. I'll let you know if we figure out what the freakin deal is ...

Many video processors slow down the video, hence a good receiver should have a delay adjustment for the sound. The part of the processor that causes the delay is usally the deinterlacer also known as a line doubler. Before you suspect the speakers, see if dialog is out of sync as well.

Bill