Heritage speaker selection for HT set up

hornnuts

Hi All,

I am a long time Klipsch Heritage series speaker fanatic. I have had many sets and have done a number of different HT set ups.

This is my first time posting to the forum, ussually just read... I moved into a big house with tall vaulted ceilings and love being able to open up my Klipsch the way the are meant to be.

My question: I have 7 pairs of Heritage speakers and am playing with the best surround sound configuration, opinions?

Speakers include:

2 pair of Heresy

1 pair of KP-201 (professional Heresy)

1 pair of KP-301

2 pair of Cornwall (one vertical, the other horizontal drivers)

1 pair of La Scala

(equipment: B&K pre/proc, 2 Adcom GFA-555 amps and an Adcom GFA-2535 etc.)

I am setting up a 5.1 set up (using an RSW-12 for sub). I can use any of the speakers for front and center channels (one or two centers) but can only fit Heresy's (or the Pro models) for rears.

Currently I have La Scala's for front, KP-301 for center, and KP-201 for rears. I like it a lot but would like to use the Cornwalls, love their sound, especially the vertical ones. If I use Cornwalls for the center they have to be on their sides, I was thinking of using the horizontally mounted pair in the center since then the horns would be vertical.

What do you say? Recommend using Cornwall's accross the whole front? Leave the La Scala's? Vertical horns just for center channels or good for front too? Appreciate any input you all have.

Also, I would like to upgrade my subwoofer (using RSW-12), probably not from Klipsch unless it is a professional/theater sub. I want to achieve dance club body shaking bass none of the home subs come close to. Any ideas there to compliment the klipsch heritage? I figured I would go with professional DJ subs (haven't looked into which much yet, Function One would be great!)

Thanks,

Josh

you have the right idea, the corns would be great for your front channels, i have had both in my ht at the same time and i just did prefere the corns as fronts, and the las as center, i love the la in that place, it is an outstanding center, the best!, but with 2 i dont know lascalla satellites?, almost seems to be a waste, i know i am using an nice set of heresies for sats and they are sooooooooooooo good there, would the lascallas be better? i think so. you have a really fun decision to make, but i still believe the corns are your #1 bet for fronts12.gif

You've got an exceptional speaker collection!

I would consider using the Cornwall II's as fronts, Heresy as center and the CW's with horizontally mounted horns for rears. Once you upgrade your sub you are all set. I would then look into setting up a music only system for using those wonderful La Scala speakers.

You will still have 2-3 speakers for an additional set-up? What a nice problem to have!!1.gif

Hi Josh

Welcome to the Forum. with your EQ list you should feel right at home with this group of nuts10.gif

OK, like the idea of Vert CW's. I get the idea you may want to use both of the CW's as centers, DO NOT USE 2 CENTER SPEAKERS, just one.

Generally, I try to use the same speakers across the front of the HT, but if you want to use what you have and you like the sound of the CW's I agree with Mark and use them for L-R mains. I also LOVE the big K400 squawker of the LAS for a center. The Heresys or KPs would make great rears. If you use the LAS for a center you could use the second for a rear center if you get a 6.1 setup! The RSW 12 may be a bit small for all that Heritage, depends on your room size.

You will have one kick ash HT when you get this baby wired up.

Keep us posted.

JM

I would look into an SVS sub, it will give you the earth shaking, couch moving, ceiling falling, window rattling bass you are looking for...I have the "small" 25-31 PC+, it is wonderful. My wife likes it to, she says "it tickles", nuff said.....